Corsair Community

Mixing LL fans and LED strips

Jyps

Hi people!

I've been building my rigs for years, but I've never done real lighting, and I've decided to go with Corsair stuff for my new build to match my H100i, plus I will be able to control it all in iCue.

What I need to know is what to buy to control both fan speed AND lighting for both fans AND LED strips.

I'll be getting 2xLL-140 fans for front intake, and 1xLL-120 fan for rear exhaust, and a set of RGB strips.

So to make it simple, how do I control 3 fans and the RGB strips?

Which nodes do I need? Am i right in thinking I need 1 commander for the fans and 1 lightning for the strips?

Amazing post, that. Thank Zotty.

Am I right in thinking that if I were to add different types of fans in the future, it'd be neccessary to have the Lightning Pro instead of the RGB Hub?

Hub only controls one type of fan, but Lightning will do multiple?

no mate....

the RGB Fan LED Hub and the Lightning node Core both host all of Corsairs icue enabled Fans... what you cant do i mix certain fans on the same hub.. at all. all covered in that faq in the fan specs :) .

Lighting Node Core only needs a 9pin internal usb headers and a sata power connection.

RGB fan LED Hub requires Sata Power and an LED Channel connection on a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro..

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so for some reason after doing all this, my H100i neither shows up in iCue or has any way to be controlled. I can no longer control the pump speed or the light on the cooling blocks.

Disregard that Dev, thanks. The USB hesder for the AIO USB header wasn't plugged into the motherboard.

And honestly, now that every light in the system is in sync, it's freakin' beautiful.

Thanks again to Zotty.