Corsair Community

Connect Corsair RM750i PSU to Gigabyte X99 UD4

noodlez

I'm looking for some advice on how to correctly connect a Corsair RM750i PSU to the Gigabyte X99 UD4 Motherboard for Overclocking.

Reading through the Gigabyte UD4 manual it states -

" When you overclock the CPU, make sure to connect one end of the supplied 1 to 3 power cable to the ATX_12V_2X4 power connector and the other three ends to the PSU to ensure the system is provided with enough power."

What I don't understand is where do the 3 end cables from motherboard go to the PSU? Has anyone done this, if so could you please explain how?..

http://s15.postimg.org/7sschinij/image.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/q87rhsvbf/image.jpg

Many Thanks

Noodlez

• Corsair Employee

Wow. That is afro engineering at its worse. Way to go Gigabyte. :roll:

I can see needing that much power for overclocking with LN2, but other than that, that looks downright dangerous.

They don't want you to plug those three ends into the PSU. They want you to plug either extra PCIe or EPS12V cables into it. Since you have an RM750i, you don't have that many of those type of cables.

If I were you, I would NOT use that adapter and just plug an extra EPS12V from the PSU directly into the motherboard. There's no reason why a 3 into 1 splitter is going to provide more power to the board because, at the end of the day, the most resistance is still at the pins of the connector on the motherboard itself. Maybe they supply this type of adapter for PSUs that have multiple +12V rails with a separate OCP on each connection, but you don't have to worry about this with an RM750i since you can control single versus multiple +12V rails using the Link software.

Hi many thanks for your advice,

Apologies if I've misunderstood correctly,

When you say plug an extra EPS12V from the PSU directly into the motherboard, Did you mean just connect it up as standard i.e - use the supplied single EPS12V cable from the PSU to the motherboard?

As the Gigabyte UD4 doesn't have any extra EPS12V connectors - has only (1) 24-pin ATX main power connector & (1) 8-pin EPS/ATX 12V power connector.

Noodlez

Archived