Corsair Community

Ax1200i fan clicking on idle

Braxos

Hi people I got a question about the ax1200i this is my 4th replacement and 3 of them had a fan trying to move on idle and making a click noise. It is getting wierd for me and I guess for the support. Is this normal? Should it be so many having that issue?

Any ideas? I am avoiding using the pc as much as possible.

A video of the latest installed psu that came today.

A Dropbox file

And pictures of the 2 stickers on the AX1200i boxes.

I tried to change usb on the motherboard replaced the usb from the back even removed unnecessary ones to test if any conflict was the culprit.

Thanks in advance!

14474998774991990029226.thumb.jpg.0124fd0267310f5066a4c485c9c70303.jpg

1447499913470769334082.thumb.jpg.f35ba90c126deb68080aee4ea051329e.jpg

Is the video supposed to demonstrate the sound? I turned up my speakers to max (even turned up the amp a bit) and I can only hear a tap sound in the very beginning of the clip. There are two taps that sound like it could be from someone tapping the mic on the camera. Is that the sound you're referencing?

Not the sound but the fan trying to spin. The click noise that the fan does the exact same moment can't be listen with the mic of the mobile phone, I guess. The rest of the fans overtone the clicking sound of the psu fan.

Except the times I play bf4 or bfh, where I am using my headset the rest of the time when using the pc I can hear it from everywhere in the room.

• Corsair Employee

Perfectly normal.

The fan does an obstruction test to make sure there's no blocking. Every so often, it sends a pulse to the fan motor and if the fan twitches, it proceeds to run. If it doesn't, due to a blockage, the PSU will shut off.

• Corsair Employee

As i know my first AX1200i didnt have that issue.

That's really weird that your first AX1200i did not do that because it is normal behavior. I would say there was something wrong with your first AX1200i if it DID NOT do that.

But I can understand how it could be annoying when used in an otherwise completely silent system.

I think you already have a ticket in with Corsair. They're off for the weekend, so please be patient and wait for a response from the support representative.

System isn't dead silent. But so quiet that you can hear the click that drives you crazy each time, like a migraine that the blood pumping is like a exploding bomb on your head.

We have already a solution with support. It is for now I guess as solved.

Got a new unit today that has not that issue at all.

Archived