Corsair Community

Cooler / Fans and iCue software

andynico

I built my first PC a month or so ago and everything’s going pretty well, but I still have a few concerns / questions regarding the fan setup.

When I built it I installed a Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum pump and two fans to the front of my system. This all connected fine and was read in the iCue software so I could control the pump and 2x fan speeds via a curve in the app. All good.

Since then I replaced the 2x exhaust fans at the top and back of my case with a further 2 Corsair fans. I posted here recently to say that the iCue software was only controlling the pump and 2 original fans so I was told I need the Commander Pro unit as well.

Jump to today and the Commander Pro is installed and has my 4 pumps all connected to it. Within the iCue software, under the Commander Pro, I can see my 4 fans and control their speeds. There is a separate section now for the pump which still shows the pump and two fans, though here I can only control the pump curves.

So, after that it of background, my queries are:

1) is the above setup correct? Should I be seeing the 4 fans under the Commander Pro tab in iCue and the pump separately?

2) if so, why are two fans still showing as connected with the pump?

3) lastly, for the 4 fans I’ve set them to the same curve, but do you generally run the fans at different speeds? The two exhaust fans at the back and top faster / slower than the others etc.

Thanks in advance for reading through the long post above. If you need pictures or screenshots of the iCue setup please let me know!

Thanks again.

The fans should be connected to the pump - that's the ideal location for them as it'll be able to control them based on pump temp even when iCUE isn't running.

Typically, the fans on the cooler and the case airflow fans will, at least, have different curves. This is one of those "it depends" scenarios and there isn't really a set answer.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this.

Are you able to explain how I go about connecting up all 4 fans to the pump? Or do I just connect the front facing fans to the pump, and leave the 2x case fans (top and back) connected to the system to control?

Apologies for the likely stupid questions, but if it was possible to explain in a ‘explain like I’m a 5 year old’ situation for a complete novice that would be hugely appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andy

Ah okay thank you!

So should I remove / bypass the Commander Pro unit and just connect the fans altogether via a splitter? Apologies I’m not fully following. If so, would it be at all possible to share an Amazon link of what sort I’d need, or even just the specific term I should use to search for it?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for taking the time on this one.

So, just to confirm...

I have 4 fans currently. Two fans came with the cooler and 2 I added myself to replace the stock case fans at the back and rear top.

For the pump and 2x fans it came with, this should be connected to the pump and controlled via iCue as a set of its own. A set consisting of a pump and 2x fans at the front of the case. This should not be in the Commander Pro.

The remaining fans (back and top) should connect separately to the Commander Pro and be managed in iCue as *their* own set too.

I would then have 2 sets of fans in the iCue app. I set a curve for the pump and front fans and another for the case fans.

Does that sound correct?

Thanks again!

Andy