Corsair Community

void surround headset stopped working after updating to icue

Qnie

Ever since I upgraded to icue from a year ago, headset has been doing weird **** that didn't happen before switching to icue. would randomly cut off especially on discord calls even when I have all settings right, checked with all PC voice/volume sound settings, switched ports etc etc but would still randomly stop working and cut off, this includes watching videos on browser, gaming and whatnot. Sometimes I'll be able to have sound in browser but not on call, vice versa. Uninstalled it and the headset itself works fine so that couldn't be the issue. any way I can have icue but not have the headset detected so I'm able to use the program still and/or how to fix this whole darn thing? it frustrates me because I use the scimitar mice as well and love the numpads on the side but with the headset being all weird I have no choice but to uninstall icue. would also like to add that at times unplugging and replugging to ports (doesn't always work but at times it does) or force updating icue would reset my headset aka have sound again when it randomly stops/cuts off. so hit me, whats the problem here?

Ever since I upgraded to icue from a year ago, headset has been doing weird **** that didn't happen before switching to icue. would randomly cut off especially on discord calls even when I have all settings right, checked with all PC voice/volume sound settings, switched ports etc etc but would still randomly stop working and cut off, this includes watching videos on browser, gaming and whatnot. Sometimes I'll be able to have sound in browser but not on call, vice versa. Uninstalled it and the headset itself works fine so that couldn't be the issue. any way I can have icue but not have the headset detected so I'm able to use the program still and/or how to fix this whole darn thing? it frustrates me because I use the scimitar mice as well and love the numpads on the side but with the headset being all weird I have no choice but to uninstall icue. would also like to add that at times unplugging and replugging to ports (doesn't always work but at times it does) or force updating icue would reset my headset aka have sound again when it randomly stops/cuts off. so hit me, whats the problem here?

ICUE is mess. I wont use for reasons like yours and others. Good luck, i've given up the can fix it, They try to do to much with one piece of software.

• Corsair Employee

Try performing a clean reinstall: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

It most likely is a driver issue.

This as well in case the USB is idling:

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED. Then restart the PC.

See if that makes any difference. Just post here if you're still having trouble.