Corsair Community

iCUE not recognizing H115i Platinum & max fan speed after update

Niellis

Hey guys,

Not the way I wanted to make my entrance on the forums, but I've encountered a problem with my H115i Platinum.

So today I installed an NZXT internal USB hub in my case so I could link up my H155i and my LL120 fans which came with the crystal 280x case, since I was missing a usb header on my mobo, so I could connect my corsair lightning node pro and the H155i at the same time.

All was fine and dandy, and after installation everything showed up in iCUE like it should. After checking everything was ok, I saw some updates were available for (if I recall correctly) iCUE, the H115i and the lightning node pro.

This is where things went wrong; After the updates I noticed the radiator fans of the H115i started blowing to ~1800rpm and the RGB lighting turned off. Switching back to iCUE I saw that the program didn't show the H115i anymore, accompanied with the windows usb disconnection sound every 10 seconds or so.

I tried rebooting a couple of times, tried un(-and re)installing iCUE a couple of times, to no avail. After some time trying to figure out the issue, I noticed in USBDeview that the USB connector from the H155i was the culprit, and for some reason didn't respond anymore. Apparently the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" (whatever that means). I can't seem to check the drivers of the H155i, or change the speed of the fans in iCUE or Link.

I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I'm not sure what to do at this point..

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried to fully power down and restart?

Yes, I did multiple restarts on the system as well as iCUE, and reinstalled iCUE a couple of Times. The weird part is that a tiny bit of RGB can be seen on the pump head when I plug in the dongle of my wireless void headset. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with it, but still peculiar..

Yes, I did multiple restarts on the system as well as iCUE, and reinstalled iCUE a couple of Times. The weird part is that a tiny bit of RGB can be seen on the pump head when I plug in the dongle of my wireless void headset. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with it, but still peculiar..

I would contact support. My guess is that your pump is stuck in bootloader mode. You'll need to get it out of bootloader mode. IIRC, a full power down/shut off and then start would do it but that doesn't seem to be working for you.

This is the EXACT same problem I made a thread about 2 weeks ago... NO ONE SHOULD UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON THEIR RGB PLATINUMS. It bricks the cooler right away. Corsair support was no help and no one could help me because the firmware is bricked. All I did was send it back to amazon, put in a new one, and it works great now, and I am never pressing that update button again.

I would contact support. My guess is that your pump is stuck in bootloader mode. You'll need to get it out of bootloader mode. IIRC, a full power down/shut off and then start would do it but that doesn't seem to be working for you.

Yeah I'll try contacting support, see if they can make any sense of it. Thanks for the help and thinking with me, It's weirdly comforting knowing I'm not the only one with this issue.

I'll report back as soon as I get a response from support, maybe it's usefull to anyone.

To be continued...

Howdy. I have had Corsair H115i CPU Cooler as a device in my iCUE prior to 1.15

Current public link uninstall and reinstall prior, still no return of pump and cooler.

versionDriver 3.14.104

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads#download_form_1

is the link on Download url=https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Scimitar Pro RGB mouse was also gone post-update to 1.15ver.

Edit 2019-05-03:

Pump came back, unplugging and re-insert USB cable. I have a 4 pin USB male to USB-B header Extension.

Edited by Pic0o
Re-plug USB header to Cooler

Hey guys,

Not the way I wanted to make my entrance on the forums, but I've encountered a problem with my H115i Platinum.

So today I installed an NZXT internal USB hub in my case so I could link up my H155i and my LL120 fans which came with the crystal 280x case, since I was missing a usb header on my mobo, so I could connect my corsair lightning node pro and the H155i at the same time.

All was fine and dandy, and after installation everything showed up in iCUE like it should. After checking everything was ok, I saw some updates were available for (if I recall correctly) iCUE, the H115i and the lightning node pro.

This is where things went wrong; After the updates I noticed the radiator fans of the H115i started blowing to ~1800rpm and the RGB lighting turned off. Switching back to iCUE I saw that the program didn't show the H115i anymore, accompanied with the windows usb disconnection sound every 10 seconds or so.

I tried rebooting a couple of times, tried un(-and re)installing iCUE a couple of times, to no avail. After some time trying to figure out the issue, I noticed in USBDeview that the USB connector from the H155i was the culprit, and for some reason didn't respond anymore. Apparently the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" (whatever that means). I can't seem to check the drivers of the H155i, or change the speed of the fans in iCUE or Link.

I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Because I'm not sure what to do at this point..

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Ok, my setup is in a Crystal 280x as well, with a Commander Pro, NZXT Hub, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum and a mix of LL fans.

I connected my Commander Pro to the motherboard USB header and then connected the H100i to the Commander Pro USB header and the NZXT to the other open USB header on the Commander Pro. Important to note, the AIO fans and their LED connections are just to the H100i. I haven't connected the AIO fans and lights to the Commander Pro.

In this configuration, everything is detected in iCUE without issue. I realize we don't have the identical AIO, but might be worth a try.

Tony

Edited by tjgodin

I might be stupid, as my usb cable for the pump header may have been partially removed. Edited my above post and trying 3.15.101 driver on siteDownloads page update.

Schimitar Pro RGB; ST100 RGB, H115i; Vengeance LED DDRpair (devicesPresent)

Still present in 3.15.101 driver. Mouse still present as well in iCUE

Edited by Pic0o
3.15.101 updated