Corsair Community

Corsair h100i Gtx v1 High Temps!

Koumkouat

I have problem with my threadripper 1950x and corsair h100i gtx v1 temps, on idle i have 60-68c and when play games [PUBG] the cpu drop the clock to 3.0ghz and the game lag...

Some extra info my case is the corsair 680x with full corsair rgb fans and i have also replace the h100i stock fans with ml120 pro rgb, fan speed on h110i when i play games work on max but this not help...

I have already order the corsair hydro series h115i rgb platinum but i still have warranty on my h110 so need to know if the cooler have problem or this cpu is too big for this cooler.

Hope someone can help me.:biggrin:

You need to look at the HJ100i GTX Temp in Link/iCUE. This is the coolant temperature and is the best indicator of functionality. It should be approximately 4-7C above room temp at idle. It seems more likely you are above 50C and that is well out of range. You probably have a flow problem and the cooler is not going to be able to perform its duties.

Your coolant temperature is ~47C and if that is at idle, you definitely have a flow problem. Most often this is some kind of partial blockage that prevents the coolant from getting to the radiator. You can test this by putting your hand over the exhaust. At 47C coolant, the exhaust should also be about 47C. That would be quite warm. I suspect that air will be quite cool on your skin. That is the phrase to use when talking to support. The coolant temp is 47C and the air coming from the radiator is cool.

Unfortunately, there really is no viable user fix for this, so you will need to RMA the cooler or replace it.