Corsair Community

Asus Rampage V x99 and Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 4x8 3600Mhz CL18 issues.

esr

I bought this memory kit two days ago and install on my PC and now does not boot on bios or OS with the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 4x8 3600Mhz CL18 Memory Kit CMT32GX4M4C3600C18 when I activate the intel XPM profile on motherboard bios.

The system starts and after a few seconds it shuts down, my computer only works if the memories at 2133Mhz stock, any other memory frequencies it does not boot.

I have already tested the memories individually, I have a Kingston Fury 8GB 2133 Mhz (old) memory module and with it I can overclock the memory to 3000Mhz or activate the Intel XMP normally.

Are these memories RGB are not compatible with the X99 platform?

If I exchange this Kit for another one of the same model, 3200Mhz would be the correct one to be done?

Edited by esr

Are you overclocking your computer? I would rest my bios and leave everything at auto except for setting xmp. Have you tried that? When I went from ddr4-2400 to ddr-3000 on my rampage v it wanted to set the block freq to 125, which massively effects what multiplier it used.

I left everything in stock and reset the BIOS, in fact I always leave the entire system in stock. I bought these parts more for their desigh and durability, which in theory is greater than simpler components.

I don't overclock everyday just for benchmarks and comparative tests in games

My old memory overclock fine but this corsair I checked the memory chips and they don't seem to be the best, Micron E-Die and DDR4-2133P downbin :(:

luckily i realized right away and already contacted the store and gave up on the purchase :headbang: