Corsair Community

Buyer remorse

pizza_lover

I initially loved the small design of the C1

However, after these issues, I've grown to hate it and wish I went custom build.

I rma'd it once, got sent back the same system and the Fix did nothing

1. I was able to login which led me to believe it was fixed, HOWEVER, once I started updating is where the problem begins.

2. After any Update/ Shutdown or Restart, the system will no longer boot up to the log in screen or display nothing which makes the monitor turn off cause no display is showing.

3. I have to F8 advanced troubleshoot and REPAIR and go into REMOVE FILES AND REINSTALL everything. I shouldn't have to DO this every time i want to shutdown the computer or restart for an UPDATE

i rely heavily on my computer for work, so I can't have downtime for a week, I NEED A NEW SYSTEM like CORSAIR DUSTIN SAID IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A NEW UNIT BY DEFAULT...

1. 12/11/2017: First RMA request
  2. 12/19/2017: Corsair gets my C1 and tries to repair it instead and didn't send a default new unit like i was told by corsair dustin.
  3. 12/23/2017: Received C1 back and discovered it worked for a short period and started to present issues after any update or shutdown, even had issues restarting the PC itself and would not go into sleep mode.
  4. 12/23/2017: Made a ticket to Corsair support about recent RMA fixing nothing, requested help once again.
  5. 1/5/2018: STILL NO NEW COMPUTER, NO HELPFUL RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT SINCE 12/30/2017

1/8/2018: Progress being made, contacted by CS about my replacement and should be good in about a week

The only FIX I managed to find was constantly reinstall files in advanced troubleshoot F8

I CAN NEVER SHUT OFF / RESTART OR UPDATE THE SYSTEM which will cause me to constantly re-install the files and drivers.

I FEEL CORSAIR can send me a new Unit in advance at this point because I trusted you guys with my RMA downtime to still get a DEFECTIVE unit in the END

(Even though I was supposed to be GIVEN A NEW UNIT BY DEFAULT ) Maybe corsair will give me a upgraded with a 1080 Ti at this point for the HEADACHES lol....

Yeah, we get it. How many times are you going to post the same thing? You could have gotten a full refund within 30 days.

If it's been more than 30 days, then you're stuck returning it until you get one that works. They do offer a way where they will send you a new machine before you send them back the old broken one, so I think you should take advantage of that policy.

I bought directly from Corsair at the end of September (1080 TI version) and have been happy with the PC ever since.

Yeah, we get it. How many times are you going to post the same thing? You could have gotten a full refund within 30 days.

If it's been more than 30 days, then you're stuck returning it until you get one that works. They do offer a way where they will send you a new machine before you send them back the old broken one, so I think you should take advantage of that policy.

I bought directly from Corsair at the end of September (1080 TI version) and have been happy with the PC ever since.

i will post until i get a working system... Paying $2500 for a pile of **** isn't actually easy to deal with...

easy for you to say when u have a working computer

Been lied to about getting a DEFAULT NEW UNIT, I will continue to let people know not to buy these until all issues are fixed.

My system can't even be set to GEN 2, which is known to be a problem/recall batch of systems

Forum etiquette says you should keep it at least confined to a single thread, instead of spamming the board with multiple threads all saying the same thing.

You went into this knowing there might still be defective units in third-party supply chains, yet you didn't buy directly from Corsair, am I correct?

I knew about it too, which is why I purchased directly from the source...not from Amazon or Newegg or anywhere else where there was a higher risk of getting a defective unit.

i rely heavily on my computer for work, so I can't have downtime for a week, I NEED A NEW SYSTEM like CORSAIR DUSTIN SAID...
Where exactly did he say that? You keep deleting old posts, so this makes it very hard for anyone to know what the threads are about.

Been lied to about getting a DEFAULT NEW UNIT,
Where did you read that - from Dustin, or on your ticket? Have you asked about this on your ticket - where the Corsair support team can assist you best?

My system can't even be set to GEN 2, which is known to be a problem/recall batch of systems
Is it frozen at one setting (and if so, which one), or is the setting missing completely?

Are you saying that it's frozen at a problem setting, or that you can't change it to a problem setting - or something else?

Forum etiquette says you should keep it at least confined to a single thread, instead of spamming the board with multiple threads all saying the same thing.
Correct.

You went into this knowing there might still be defective units in third-party supply chains, yet you didn't buy directly from Corsair, am I correct?
It came back from a repair I think:

for me they tried to repair the issue

here you go, wired

https://imgur.com/zakgzvA

Asked them on my ticket, i even asked again saying I was told by dustin what he said above prior to RMA and even when they had possesion of the system

So as you can imagine how frustrated i would be, when you are being told by default i'd be sent a new unit and getting the same one back with the same faulty issues. $2500 is alot of money to me, and I work fairly hard for my stuff so I just want to enjoy what I paid for. I apologize for the complaints, but my income relies on having access to a working computer

So my frustrations isn't due to just a faulty system, my job is kinda on the line when I have to RMA the system on top of it hardly working now,

I knew about it too, which is why I purchased directly from the source...not from Amazon or Newegg or anywhere else where there was a higher risk of getting a defective unit.

Not sure where you got this info of me buying it from a 3rd party.

I purchased it directly from Corsair, so... https://imgur.com/OKkY4hb

I had bought mine direct from Corsair (as I wanted the 32 GB version) and was sent one within the LOT fault, despite them knowing previously.

I tried my best to deal with it, but no luck in the end.

Faulty unit just about to be returned.

Corsair got me a replacement on express RMA ($500 hold on credit card for replacement until faulty one received back - at their cost).

To be fair I have had to chase hard, but Corsair support have been great.

And when working, the unit is stunning!

Replacement seems to be working as the first should.

Kevin

SOULFIRER

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 scotland

I had bought mine direct from Corsair (as I wanted the 32 GB version) and was sent one within the LOT fault, despite them knowing previously.

I tried my best to deal with it, but no luck in the end.

Faulty unit just about to be returned.

Corsair got me a replacement on express RMA ($500 hold on credit card for replacement until faulty one received back - at their cost).

To be fair I have had to chase hard, but Corsair support have been great.

And when working, the unit is stunning!

Replacement seems to be working as the first should.

Kevin

SOULFIRER

scotland

I hope so, I work in online customer support over LIVE chat due to my disability..

I am deaf so it is hard to do the express RMA unfortunately. I'm assuming they need my credit card over the phone, which I can't even hear them If I tried....

I already proved I sent my original unit to get replaced and they only tried to fix it.... i just want a NEW working unit at this point. I wish they would just send me a advance RMA without a hold cause of my hearing and allow me to ship mine once the new once arrives.

If I send it for a standard RMA, i'm basically gonna get written up by my manager and terminated for not doing my job cause of the defective system that I already sent in once before and missed work before for a RMA previously only to get sent back the same defective unit instead of the so called DEFAULT NEW unit :(::[pouts:

Have you reopened the ticket and requested an advance RMA?

I am still waiting for a response from MarkAnthony TS for over a week now.... :(::(:

He was supposed to talk to "superiors" about what options were on the table, but I feel that should have happened by now.

• Corsair Employee

So I've been looking into this issue, there's a lot of back and forth going on behind the scenes here, and here's the deal.

When you were offered your initial RMA, you would have two options:

1. Conventional RMA: You ship us your unit, we ship you back a replacement (supposed to be a brand new one.)

2. Express RMA: You give us a credit card number to hold as collateral, we ship you a replacement (supposed to be a brand new unit), you ship us your old one.

On the Express RMA side, it's SOP for most companies to place a credit card hold or something to that effect. That helps protect us in case we send a replacement and never receive the original.

Where things went south was when your unit was taken for repair instead of just being replaced like it ought to have been. I don't know if the options were explained to you properly, and it looks like things definitely got fouled up on our side.

So I've been looking into this issue, there's a lot of back and forth going on behind the scenes here, and here's the deal.

When you were offered your initial RMA, you would have two options:

1. Conventional RMA: You ship us your unit, we ship you back a replacement (supposed to be a brand new one.)

2. Express RMA: You give us a credit card number to hold as collateral, we ship you a replacement (supposed to be a brand new unit), you ship us your old one.

On the Express RMA side, it's SOP for most companies to place a credit card hold or something to that effect. That helps protect us in case we send a replacement and never receive the original.

Where things went south was when your unit was taken for repair instead of just being replaced like it ought to have been. I don't know if the options were explained to you properly, and it looks like things definitely got fouled up on our side.

Looks like things are shaping up now with KECIA :bigeyes::biggrin:

• 7 months later...
All of our webstore inventory is shipped out from Hong Kong. We do not hold our CORSAIR ONE inventory stateside. Some of our partner retailers do.

So I'm trying to buy the C1, and contacted Corsair Support who told me they don't deliver to Hong Kong where I live. Firstly the asked me to contact each and every 14 of the Corsair Partners / Suppliers in HK to see if they can order it. They told me know I need to order from USA.

So it will be assembled in HK, sent to USA, sent back to HK by a 3rd party, without warranty etc.

Seems kinda crazy - Is there anyway I can order it, and just grab a taxi to the place in HK to collect the PC?

Archived