Corsair Community

Corsair Link fan adjustment lag

DavidRappl

Hello :-)

I have just installed my Corsair Link Cooling and Lightning Kit to extend the fan control of my H100i. I have 3 Corsair AF fans and 2 SP120 PWM fans connected to the Corsair Link Commander - no fans are connected to my H100i.

The problem is, that it does not adjust my fan speed. The only way to manually control the fan speed is by changing the profile (f.e. all fans set to max speed, which takes several minutes to actually take effect), but the fans do not react to the CPU temp at all.

I have following versions installed:

- Corsair Link 2 Software: 2.3.4816

- Corsair Commander 2: 2.0.6

- Corsair Lightning Node: 1.1.9

- Corsair Cooling Node: 1.1.12

Corsair_Link_1.png

Does anybody know how I get Corsair Link working? It is impossible to work like this, because when my CPU runs hot, the fans do not adjust :-(

Thanks in advance for an answer.

use your water temp of the cooler to activate the fans,its much better.

I would if I could, but I can not even set a fix rpm, the fans just do whatever they want. I don't know where the problem is, since the Corsair Cooling Node Firmware should work fine with Corsair AF and SP PWM fans (according to RAM GUY).

Could it be a bug of the Corsair Link 2 Software itself?

Update the Cooling Node FW to 1.2.5 onwards and see if that helps.

I tried, but when I click on 'Update Firmware', only the Corsair Link Commander and the H100i are in the list of availeable devices.

The strange this is, that the Corsair Link Cooling Node is visible in the list of devices, shown in the screenshot in this post

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest you uninstall the Current version you have installed and reboot the system. Then install Version 2.4.4948 of our software and are your fans 3-Pin or 4-Pin Fans? If they are 4-Pin PWM fans then you should update the cooling node to 1.2.5.

I would suggest you uninstall the Current version you have installed and reboot the system. The install Version 2.4.4948 of our software and are your fans 3-Pin or 4-Pin Fans? If they are 4-Pin PWM fans then you should update the cooling node to 1.2.5.

Ok, thank you for the advice. I have already tried to delete the profiles and reinstall the Corsair Link Software 2.4.4948, but I did not reboot.

I have:

2x 3pin Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition

1x 3pin Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition

2x 4pin Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition

What's strange is, I can not control the 3pin fans either.

I will give feedback if it works with rebooting in a couple of hours.

So I installed the Corsair Link Software 2.4.4948 after deinstalling the latest official version and rebooting my system.

Following things do not work:

- Adjust fan speed of the 3pin Corsair AF120 or AF140 fan over 'Custom Courve' > Screenshot

My CPU was 70 degrees, so it should have 1000rpm, but it just does nothing, stays around 700 all the time.

- Adjust fan speed of the 4pin Corsair SP120 fan over 'Custom Courve' > Screenshot

My CPU was over 70 degrees, so it should have at least around 1200rpm (it never actually reaches 1450), but it stays around 430 all the time

- Update the firmware of my Corsair Link Cooling Node > Screenshot

The device is in the overview list, but not in the CorsairLINK2 Bootloader.

@RAM GUY: Do you know what the problem is?

When I connect my Corsair SP120 4pin fans to my Corsair H100i, everything works fine.

I really hope there is a solution for this.

So, I updated the firmware of the Corsair Link Cooling Node to 1.2.5 and tried it out with the official Corsair Link Software and the beta version. It still does not work. Either with the Corsair SP120 PWM fans (4pin), nor the Corsair AF120 / AF140 3pin fans.

Thanks a lot for your help, but I've had it with Corsair Link. I'll get the Cooling Node out of my PC. At least the LED lighting works fine ;)

I'll connect my PWM fans back to my H100i and the case fans back to my good old fan controller.

Thanks again for the support.

The AF-140 will never be controllable (200-400 RPM Max) and how are you trying to setup the Profile. From the system Page or from the Groups page?

If I control it manually, the AF-140 goes up to 1050rpm. The specs on the corsair homepage say, it can even do 1150rpm.

I tried both.

I can control the fan manually if I play with the modes a little bit. At some point, the fan speed will adjust to a certain rpm and will stay there. The problem is, that I can not adjust the fan speed over the mode 'Custom Courve', so that the fan speed of my Corsair 3-pin fans (AF120 and AF140) and / or Corsair 4-pin / PWM fans (SP120) depends on the CPU temperature.

But anyway, I already deinstalled the cooling node.

I ordered two Corsair Cooling Kits, one for my system and one for a new build of a friend of mine. He has the exact same fans (Corsair AF120, AF140 and SP120 PWM). If he can get it working in his build, I'll reinstall it in my own computer.

Ok. Atm, I solved it like this:

- CPU fans are connected to my H100i and are controlled by Core Temp

- Case fans are connected to my motherboard and are controlled by CPU Temp over Fan Xpert 2.

- The Corsair cooling node is in the trash ;-)

Archived