Corsair Community

High CPU Temps?

W01F51

I have a Corsair h150i, my CPU is idleing at 40C, when playing Escape From Tarkov it is around 60C, and when I run prime95 it is max at 80C. My CPU is OC to 4.2ghz. Are these normal temps? Did I install the AIO wrong? My Arctic Esports 34 Duo had cooler temps if I remember correctly (it's been a while since I looked at the temps with that cooler).

You are going to need to be more specific about your hardware, CPU Voltage, etc.

Cooler function is assessed through the H150i Temp (coolant temperature) in iCUE. Most people will see idle coolant temps +4-6C above the room temperature and load temps 4-8C beyond that, depending on CPU and use. If you have idle H150i Temp above 40C, there likely is a cooler problem.

However, most initial difficulties are related to installation, BIOS settings, or other user made choices. Hard to speculate without knowing anything else about your system.

Hopefully you are reading Input Voltage or something else. The Core # VID should be in near the top (or left side panel). You should also see a similar number under the motherboard section for Vcore. The value should be something beween 1.15-1.35v depending on your settings.

What about the H150i Temp in iCUE?

*That's fine. 90% of the time this is a physical contact issue between CPU and cold plate. Taking it off to check is the most likely next step. Look to see if the original spread evenly or looks like it did when you first put it on.

Edited by c-attack

CPU VCORE is 1.208V. The temp in iCUE is 30C idle.

Those are normal and expected values. Typically when you have poor physical contact, you will get both a high idle and extremely large temp spikes on trivial tasks, like opening folders, etc. However, most recent CPUs are bit spiky in their temp behavior under normal conditions, so it's not quite so clear cut anymore.

Your original listed results for gaming and Prime 95 are not especially out of the ordinary. The game is rather specific and Prime 95 can be a massacre or a precise tool depending on how you use it. If you are looking for a simpler comparison tool, try the Bench (stress test) within CPU-Z. It is relatively mild and linear, making for it easy to identify problems. For your voltage and CPU, it likely loads up around 57-60C and then just sits there. The H150i can dump that amount of heat as fast as it goes in, so minimal coolant rise.

Your using the minimum and maximum difficulty measurements to try and assess the cpu. All coolers give the same idle. A lot of CPUs can’t handle Prime 95 without special tweaking. You’d be better off running something in the middle as a diagnostic tool.