Corsair Community

Mouse button-mapping regularly wiped

Leibniz

I have an Ironclaw RGB Wireless. It is such a disappointment.

Icue has to be the least user friendly method of mapping mouse buttons to keyboard keys. Worse, the mapping keeps getting wiped. I'm guessing every time Icue is updated all the mapping is wiped.

I have never struck this issue with any other mouse. For my money, a programmable mouse is one that stays programmed. If I sit down to my pc, start playing something, notice that none of my mouse buttons are working, then have to log out, and spend 30 minutes trying to recall how the nutty Icue UI works, then that is not a programmable mouse.

Any way to retain my mapping without buying a new mouse?

Can you clarify if you are talking about HW saved actions or if you mean the actions disappear from the software profile in iCUE?

The ICW has some issues, but this is not one I have seen before. If the software profile actions are disappearing, it may not be related to the mouse at all.

Can you detail what kind of actions are disappearing? Simple keybinds? Complex macros? Program launch actions?

Thanks for the reply.

This is what has happened. The mouse has a number of programmable buttons. The defaults do not suit me. Before I first started using the mouse I changed the defaults. Most programmable mice come with software allowing you to do this. From memory, Icue was the software recommended for this mouse. If you open the page for the Ironclaw, then Actions, you have a list of 5 buttons on the left and a diagram of the mouse on the right. I remapped these buttons to the F1-F5 keys. This worked fine for a while.

My issue is that twice now all my mapping has been deleted and the defaults have been reapplied. I discover this only when I start playing something and my mouse is doing strange things. When I go into ICue, my mapping has been deleted and replaced.

So, my question is - is there a way to remap the mouse buttons so that they stay that way till I change them, or is the only solution to get a new mouse?

Yes, I get the gist of your problem, but we need specific details to help. Most often when this problem is reported, the user has changed something else versus the program deleting things.

1) Make sure you are on iCUE 3.24. 3.22 and 3.23 had an Actions bug and there is no point in troubleshooting on those versions.

2) Did you save the Actions in a software profile or one of the three Iron Claw Wireless HW1-3 profiles? If your not sure what I am asking, show us a screenshot of the Actions tab for that profile.

3) What kind of Actions are they? Mouse button re-binds? Recorded complex macros? Launch commands? This could also be answered with the screenshot above.