Corsair Community

HS60 - ICUE is not detecting the device.

Hello, I have a problem with my recently bought HS60.

Everything was working ok, ICUE was recognizing the device with the usb card and I could create profiles for the HS60 (7.1 audio was great and the mic was working). It stopped working more or less at the moment when Windows released the KB4565483 update on July. Now, when I plug in the headset it is recognized as CONEXANT USB AUDIO and ICUE is not detecting the device.

I have tried to perform a complete uninstall of ICUE, deleting every Corsair register from regedit and cleaning the folders located in %localappdata% and %appdata%. It didn´t worked. I also tried to uninstall windows is last update and also using a past version of ICUE, but the issue remains. Also disconecting every usb port devide and changing it.

I can get audio from the 3.5 jack (without 7.1) but I need the mic to work too.

¿Any guess what more can I do? I tried uninstalling the CONEXANT Drivers but Windows keep installing them on every restart.

Thanks in advance.

Ever since the most Windows update it installed a I get weird sound interference on the usb dongle and mic just does not work at all. The headset works on any of the 3.5mm jacks fine with no sound interference. Windows then installed a CONEXANT USB driver and iCUE does not detect the headset at all. Uninstalled the driver and nothing now works. Leave it to W10 to always f*** this things up on updates

EDIT: FOUND A FIX!!!

I used a 1 to 2 splitter, and plugged it into my Sound Blaster Z card and it works now. Might be the best work around if you are like me and could care less about the 7.1 surround sound or configure your stuff through iCUE

Edited by SpeedJunkie440

Im having the same problem (but i am using the HS45 model). Issue happend to me out of the blue while gaming. Headset was working just fine and just like that. no mic. Headset shows as CONEXANT USB AUDIO.

I am in the exact same boat. Ive spent 3 hours now updating all my drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I am incredibly frustrated with this. Its 3 am and Ive wasted my entire night (only night off work during pandemic) trying to be able to SPEAK to my friends. PLEASE let me know if you find a fix to this. Most likely I will take my money elsewhere and get a razer keyboard so this bull doesnt happen anymore.

• 4 months later...
Quite relieved that it's not just me. Was in the middle of playing Call of Duty, Headset just sorta died on me, works fine on the audio jack but that's not much use for me as i can't use the mic(4 pin issue i've seen), now i just get a random incredibly faint clicking noise, this wouldn't be so bad, but it was 2 days. please help :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Ever since the most Windows update it installed a I get weird sound interference on the usb dongle and mic just does not work at all. The headset works on any of the 3.5mm jacks fine with no sound interference. Windows then installed a CONEXANT USB driver and iCUE does not detect the headset at all. Uninstalled the driver and nothing now works. Leave it to W10 to always f*** this things up on updates

I'm having the exact same problem weird noise and the mic doesn't work i tried contacting windows support they couldn't find the problem i contacted corsair aswell but they told me to contact windows..... this is my second corsair headset that that the usb plug is doing problems in less then 4 months.... did anyone find any solutions?

Everything was working ok, ICUE was recognizing the device with the usb card and I could create profiles for the HS60 (7.1 audio was great and the mic was working). It stopped working more or less at the moment when Windows released the KB4565483 update on July. Now, when I plug in the headset it is recognized as CONEXANT USB AUDIO and ICUE is not detecting the device.

I have tried to perform a complete uninstall of ICUE, deleting every Corsair register from regedit and cleaning the folders located in %localappdata% and %appdata%. It didn´t worked. I also tried to uninstall windows is last update and also using a past version of ICUE, but the issue remains. Also disconecting every usb port devide and changing it.

¿Any guess what more can I do? I tried uninstalling the CONEXANT Drivers but Windows keep installing them on every restart.

Thanks in advance.

This is exactly what is happening to me, is there any fix yet?

I am having a similar issue with my HS60, it's definitely the USB DAC. I just received my replacement after RMA, different lot number, same problem. I even tried the Equalizer APO fix to increase the gain but either I'm too dumb to run the program or something is up. Mine is recognized by icue and even tried v.3 and v.4 with no luck. Once I take the USB out of the loop it's fine.

• Corsair Employee
I am having a similar issue with my HS60, it's definitely the USB DAC. I just received my replacement after RMA, different lot number, same problem. I even tried the Equalizer APO fix to increase the gain but either I'm too dumb to run the program or something is up. Mine is recognized by icue and even tried v.3 and v.4 with no luck. Once I take the USB out of the loop it's fine.

You only received a replacement headset and not USB DAC? Please update your existing ticket or create a new one if necessary.

• 8 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:09 AM, FuNkAdR0 said:

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the exact same problem with my HS60 Pros. I figured out a way to revert the Conexant driver back to it's regular name you have to update the drivers manually and corsair drivers should show up. But the issue still remains, I can hear audio but my mic is not working, and it's only with my computer. It works on my ps4 and ipad via 3.1mm jack.

• 2 months later...

Well, just earlier this week, I ran into the same issue. HS60 Pros have been labeled as Conexant Audio devices, and iCUE does not pick them up. I even reinstalled iCUE multiple times, even installed iCUE 3, but to no avail. Managed to manually change drivers to Corsair HS60 Pro drivers in device manager, but still it does not show up on iCUE, and the terrible static is still present.

I contacted Corsair support immediately, and they told me to send them the shipping address... For now I just got to wait and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem! i got my corsair hs60 as a gift and as of about 3-4 months ago, the mic just stopped working all together and my audio switched from "high definition audio" or something like that to now being "Conexant USB audio" and my or may not sound worse, not too sure. please let me know if there are any fixes! I dont have much money and cannot afford to buy a new headset.