Corsair Community

iCue Software Immediately Closes After 1 Second

FraserSmith

Hello,

I recently bought a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite and am trying to remap the sidepad buttons. I have installed iCue v3.31.81; however when I try and open it I see the window opens but then immediately closes. It is incredibly frustrating. I have tried:

- Running application as administrator

- PC Restart

- iCue uninstall and reinstall (I did this via "Uninstall Program" in Windows)

- Repairing iCue using "Apps and Features" -> Modify -> Repair

I have checked Event Viewer and it is registering an error:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.31.81.0, time stamp: 0x5f0c5b70

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.14.2.0, time stamp: 0x5e7dfb32

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0019cf54

Faulting process id: 0x3278

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6680ec1a07130

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report Id: 7de1adfa-c68c-462f-834a-890f92ec49f4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please Advise! Thanks,

Fraser

After reading some more of the threads regarding the new iCue updates it appears that v3.31.81.0 has been causing a lot of performance issues and high CPU usage. So I tried an older version (v24) and this has proved successful! At least on the first attempt; I am too scared to close it again in case I get the same problem....

You can get some older versions using the following thread. I hope it works for you!

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1040822&postcount=5

I posted this in another thread, but am reposting it in case it helps.

Hey there. I had this same issue today. I deleted some unnecessary Asus programs, and it sent Icue into a tailspin where it would say "No Devices Detected", and abruptly close over and over.

I had uninstalled/reinstalled Icue multiple times, as well as Aura Sync.

What ended up fixing it was going in and completely deleting the "plug-in" folder under Icue.

Then go to "Add or Remove" programs in Windows. Select Icue, but don't uninstall it. Instead, hit the "Modify" button, and then choose the "Repair" option when it prompts you to Uninstall or Repair.

Worked for me. I'd been having trouble getting Icue to both change any lighting on my Asus Motherboard, and then later wouldn't even detect it. So, it fixed that problem as well!

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this issue with some searching. Exactly my problem after a complete format and install of my win10 system. Nothing in these forums was helping.

My Fix:

1: uninstall and delete ALL CUE/ICUE files in c: I use an app called EVERYTHING to find Corsair stuff. Save your .profile profiles though.

1a: Restart

2: Install an old CUE version i.e. Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.16.42.zip It's pretty old but does install for my Strafe.

3: Update to ICUE eg. CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_3.1.131_release.msi and make sure that works.

4: Let iCue update itself to latest version.

So far so good!! YEAH!

Edited by Boight

• 2 months later...

Same issue with Corsair Scimitar Elite

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.36.125.0, time stamp: 0x5fbbd88e

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.14.2.0, time stamp: 0x5e7dfb32

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00020071

Faulting process id: 0x4f28

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ed1085c8d8d5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report Id: 185ed5a7-175a-44de-96c1-b78fdc0e7228

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edit: Mine is working again after a reboot. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Edited by Grumpkus

• 2 months later...

after trying all the listed fixes and still having zero luck running this software (and a struggle with the load of garbage code before it broke entire)

my solution will be to never buy corsair again.

Garbage through and through. With the cherry on top being this reply coming after 3 months and no official reply or fix from corsair i can find.

Waste of money.

after trying all the listed fixes and still having zero luck running this software (and a struggle with the load of garbage code before it broke entire)

my solution will be to never buy corsair again.

Garbage through and through. With the cherry on top being this reply coming after 3 months and no official reply or fix from corsair i can find.

Waste of money.

So you already tried the version I suggest in was it post 9 I think?