Corsair Community

iCUE stopped recognizing rgb strips and fans

Xnitro67

I didnt do anything out of ordinary was switching fans around with my cooler (swiftech) and now the program doesn't show fans or any options but does detect the commander. The fans are spinning but no rgb. I tried disconnecting stuff to see if I did something but nothing.

Update: I plugged back in my corsair rgb mouse pad and got somewhere but noticed my volts are off on the 12 and 3.3 and temps are showing 8c ? I know it ain't that cold in here

also the PWM control doesnt work just shows 0 RPM so does the auto fan detection. i started a support ticket pretty sure somehow the commander did something but i dont see how just by moving the fans around always something with corsair

Edited by Xnitro67

The only thing I have going is hwinfo but normally it doesnt have issues with icue

Unfortunately it does. You can carefully disable monitoring of any iCUE monitored Corsair devices (C-Pro, cooler, PSU, etc), however I still find myself glitching things up now and then. The junk temperatures and voltages are a frequent indicator. Also, make sure you use the portable version of HWiNFO versus the permanent install. That will only deploy the driver when running.

It is a bit weird for the lighting the blink out. That is normally not a side effect. However, there are others so full quit HWinfo and restart the machine (or fully quit every Corsair app and process and try again). If still no lighting, double check your lighting setup. You said switching fans around. Any chance the RGB lighting hub became disconnected? Easy to do with at mess of fan wires on your typical RGB.

im pretty sure the lighting hub didnt get disconnected but even if i dont have the rgb fans connected the strips dont light up either and this happened before i updated cause i thought something was wrong with the program. im also saying the PWM fan controls dont work either because auto doesnt pick up what the fans are unless manually on 4 pin but the the fans also just say 0 rpms even changing to 100% speed does nothing.

http://i67.tinypic.com/4ru6qf.jpg

Just found something shouldnt the light on the commander be on?

Edited by Xnitro67

3 LL fans and 4 rgb strips. Just not sure why the fan controller part doesnt work though.

i plugged the strips into the lighting node that came with the strips and they light up hmm

So im not sure why the lights wernt working in the first place but now they are except for the fan controller end one shows up 600 but 2 show 0 and cant change the speed...except on or off

Edited by Xnitro67

is there a reason why i have to reinstall the FW on the commander when i unplug the sata power? i have both fans and strips connected to the node pro works fine something is wrong with the commander Edited by Xnitro67