Corsair Community

Ironclaw rgb wont let me update firmware

TDuiker

I got a ironclaw rgb wireless mouse, and a k70 mk2 keyboard.

I got a image from corsair with new fimrware images, since the wireless was bugging out. But on teh k70mk2 im getting the option to update firmware through a image.. but on the ironclaw im getting no such option. All im getting is a update button tp update the mouse or dongle firmware. These updates fail, and i then have to replug them for them to register in ique... so as far as i can see im upable to update firware for mouse or dongle.. anone know how i can force update through image on the mouse and or dongle ?

I disconnected the network cable so that i was offline, and then i was able to use the image i had. But still it keeps comming back with " update failed" So for some reason its just failing to update the firmware.. anone got any ideas ?

You may not wish to update the ICW firmware. The people in the thread below are suggesting the problems are caused by the recent updates on iCUE 3.22 and 3.23. Some seem to have found relief on iCUE 3.21 with older firmware.

Be aware you cannot take your profiles with you when you roll back to 3.21 If you are just starting out, this likely is not a real obstacle. It is more daunting if you have a lot of profile work created.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192217

Edited by c-attack
Stupid predictive text

DO NOT update the firmware for your Ironclaw RGB Wireless mouse or dongle

Leave them at

Dongle firmware: v0.9.40

And

Ironclaw RGB Wireless firmware: v0.11.80?

Otherwise you'll lose your profile settings from iCue randomly. That's the current fix they have for an issue that came up last month

I have the same issue. Wirless wont connect, firmware wont update. Contacted customer "support" giving the details of the issue, the type of mouse with the part number. It took the well over a week to get a reply from them and when they did, they just asked me for the mouse part number (already provided). A week later I got some generic instructions to do a hard reset by pressing the reset pin! There is no reset pin on the inronclaw wireless! After providing the part number (twice) I guess I was expecting a more relevant reply for my specific issue/product rather than a copy and paste from the FAQ section. Anyway, THREE WEEKS LATER (yes I know its christmas, but 3 weeks?!?) They've approved an RMA, but who knows how long that will take.