Corsair Community

HS1 Mic stops working

CGradel

I recently purchased an HS1 headset. I first tried it out at work. I plugged it in, windows detected it, and all was well for about 15 minutes or so...great sound, great mic. Then the mic cut out. I figured it was just a driver issue (because I was using default windows drivers) so I shrugged it off.

When I brought it home, again, windows drivers worked fine initially but again, the mic ended up cutting out after a couple of minutes. I then tried installing the official cosair drivers, figuring that would solve the problem. It did, for approximately 10-15 minutes when AGAIN the mic cut out.

I now can't really get it to pick up anything. All I get is static/crackling noises if I do a listen or a test. People on the other end report that it sounds almost like the mic is muted (it isn't).

I have tried to open an RMA request for this issue twice. The first time was this past wenesday. The second time was about an hour ago. (I am not expecting a response on the second one yet ;) )

Is there anything that can be done to solve this issue? It seems (based on a quick search of the forums) to be a somewhat widespread issue.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Can you test the head sets on another system to be sure its not some issue with this system? And if that issue does follow the head sets then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace them.

Archived