Corsair Community

O-Rings for Cherry MX opinions

noir

Ok so I recently bought the Corsair Strafe RGB w/Cherry Mx - Silent switches, it's very quiet, but you can still hear typing (like any other keyboard), so I found some cheap o-rings on ebay like $1 for 120 of them, they are clear color-

so after long ship from china (actually it was pretty fast), I just got them today and installed them on a few keys but the keys still sound the same as the other keys ><, so I think any noise from this keyboard is from the actuator / springs and not actually the key bottoming out..

interesting test though, glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on the o-rings since I would of been disappointed.

what are others peoples opinions on using o-rings :)

:bigeyes: yeah that's crazy expensive (probably costs 25cents to make 120 of them) .

my kb is actually pretty quiet I was just experimenting with the o-rings I think any noise is actually from the key coming back up after a press since it's pretty quiet going down :p

I have tried several different ones, 40A 1.5mm, 40A 2mm, 50A 1.5mm and settled on the 50A 2mm o-rings. They are a balance of feel and sound. The 40A just felt squishy to me and I didn't like it. The 2mm reduced the key travel a bit and greatly reduced my typing errors. It is a mechanical keyboard so it will never be silent and a lot has to do with how hard of a typer you are.

Archived