Corsair Community

iCUE with Metro Exodus

ginryu83

Hi,

Greeting, I have a Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE, may I know can it iCue integrate with Metro Exodus gaming?

At this moment, when I launched the games, that 3 Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan in my PC just turn black.

Does anyone know what causing the casing RGB Fans went black?

And what is the solution on this?

Thank you.

I had this same problem, my LL fans would not light up in Far Cry 5.

Found a solution for now, until Corsair can find a real patch.

Not entirely sure this will work for Metro Exodus but worth a shot.

Not sure if a clean install is needed but I did it just to be sure.

1. (Optional?) Do a clean uninstall/install as outlined by user Corsair Calico Jack
    - Please make sure to install all updates for Windows. .
    - Install RevoUninstaller: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninst...=dl&tag=button
    - Run RevoUninstaller
    - Select iCUE, and then select uninstall
    - Restart your computer
    - Reinstall CUE.
  2. Open iCUE and click on the profiles tab.
  3. In the context menu next to the profiles tab, click the arrows icon to import a profile.
  4. Click the "..." button and navigate to the GameSdkEffects folder in the iCUE install directory (Should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects")
  5. Open a folder and select a profile.
    Seems like any profile works. Tried with various FC5 and even a Division 2 profile works.
  6. Click "Import" to import the profile.
  7. Open the game and watch your fans light up again.

TL;DR: Importing a predefined iCUE profile used by a game seems to fix the fans not lighting up.

Unfortunately, if you remove the profile from your iCUE profiles it breaks the fans again. Just gotta live with having one of your profile being one of the predefined ones. Not a big deal IMHO, most are pretty cool by themselves and I just moved that one to the bottom of my list.

Btw, "deleting" a profile in iCUE does NOT delete the actual .cueprofile file so feel free to delete if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevzilla,

Millions thanks for your reply It's worked!!!

Now the PC look amazing when in games!!

Thanks a lot!

I had this same problem, my LL fans would not light up in Far Cry 5.

Found a solution for now, until Corsair can find a real patch.

Not entirely sure this will work for Metro Exodus but worth a shot.

Not sure if a clean install is needed but I did it just to be sure.

1. (Optional?) Do a clean uninstall/install as outlined by user Corsair Calico Jack

2. Open iCUE and click on the profiles tab.
  3. In the context menu next to the profiles tab, click the arrows icon to import a profile.
  4. Click the "..." button and navigate to the GameSdkEffects folder in the iCUE install directory (Should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects")
  5. Open a folder and select a profile.
    Seems like any profile works. Tried with various FC5 and even a Division 2 profile works.
  6. Click "Import" to import the profile.
  7. Open the game and watch your fans light up again.

TL;DR: Importing a predefined iCUE profile used by a game seems to fix the fans not lighting up.

Unfortunately, if you remove the profile from your iCUE profiles it breaks the fans again. Just gotta live with having one of your profile being one of the predefined ones. Not a big deal IMHO, most are pretty cool by themselves and I just moved that one to the bottom of my list.

Btw, "deleting" a profile in iCUE does NOT delete the actual .cueprofile file so feel free to delete if you want.

Archived