Corsair Community

Just Starting

edokie

Remember when you started? That's where I am! I get stuck often. I have a new build Corsair TX750W new power supply, Coolermaste Centurion 534 case, ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard, Corsair RAM XMS3 6GB 1600MHz 3 X 2GB, EVGA GeForce GT610 Video card, Samsung monitor. Just got it all put together and followed instructions to power up and power supply does not come on, fan does not run. Checked all power cords and connections to everything. When I turn on the power switch on the Corsair TX750W power supply the only thing that comes on is the red power button on the ASUS motherboard and the green reset button just beside it. When I push either button I get no response. No function of either Sony Optarc DVDs, no LEDs are lighted on the front of the case, no response from pushing on off button or reset button on the case. I'm stuck and don't know what to try next. How can I check the power supply to see if it's functioning properly? Any way to power up the Corsair TX750W power supply without connections to anything else? How do I check if there's a problem with the ASUS Motherboard? Thank you.:[pouts:

How can I check the power supply to see if it's functioning properly? Any way to power up the Corsair TX750W power supply without connections to anything else? How do I check if there's a problem with the ASUS Motherboard? Thank you.

Yes, you can start the PSU by folowing the directions outlined in this thread.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991

Just remember that the fan on the PSU probably wont spin because the PSU is fanless at low loads , but any case fans you have attached should spin up ok.

Do you have the 8 pin EPS cable attached to the top left of the board?

The fact that the board won't power up even with the on board switches is worrying. Since they are lit , the board is getting power.

Archived