Corsair Community

Hydro in 570x Crystal Case

bsanders03

Hello,

I am looking to setup my Hydro X in my new build. My build consists of...

Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi

Ryzen 9 3950 (pending)

2 x 16 DDR4 3600 CL16 Vengeance

2 - GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB M.2

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition

I am looking to put in the following ....

CPU BLOCK

XC7 RGB (1151/AM4)

GPU BLOCK

XG7 RGB 20 SERIES (Ti FE)

COOLING CAPACITY

XR5 360 (3x120mm radiator; 33mm thick)

XR5 120 (120mm radiator; 33mm thick)

FANS STYLE

LL120 RGB LED

PUMP STYLE

XD5 RGB (D5 Pump reservoir)

VISUAL STYLE

XF Softline 4-pack (10/13mm compression; chrome)

XL5 (translucent blue), 1L premix

XT Softline (3m 10/13mm ID/OD PVC)

ICUE

iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller

ADD-ONS

XF Adapter 2-pack (90° Angled rotary; chrome)

Hydro X Series Filling Bottle

TM30 Performance Thermal Paste

Does anyone have any instructional videos on this, or even CASE specific instructions or videos? The would be a huge help.

Or even just any general ideas of help for when I am about to install this.

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

I would recommend to check out our case specific reference build guide.

CORSAIR Crystal Series 570X RGB Hydro X Reference Build Guide

And Hydro X YouTube Channel.

Also, please make sure to check Quick Start Guides enclosed with Hydro X products.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know.

Do you know if the Primo Chill is ok to put in the system? They have some nice colors.

Also, is it recommended to do any pretreatment the first time?

Is there an easy draining option on the Hydro X? Or should I put in a drain somewhere? Has anyone does this? with pictures?

Do you know if the Primo Chill is ok to put in the system? They have some nice colors.

Fluid compatibility list - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Pump-Reservoir/Hydro-X-Series-XD5-RGB-Pump-Reservoir-Combo/p/CX-9040002-WW#cc-compatibility-others

Also, is it recommended to do any pretreatment the first time?

No. Use distilled water. If you use those “pre-treatmeant” cleansers, you will then need gallon upon gallon of distilled water to flush every last molecule out. The tiniest little bit left will react when coolant is added then run through the pump.

Is there an easy draining option on the Hydro X? Or should I put in a drain somewhere? Has anyone does this? with pictures?

You want to put it at the lowest point you can. This depends on the build, but from your description this would either be off an extra return inlet on the pump/reservoir or off a T-fitting/block on the 360mm front radiator if the ports are orientated toward the bottom. Lots of video advice on this out there.

I am afraid I fall into the boring category and like my coolants clear. I haven't used a colored variety in 8 or 9 years.

If you intend to apply a full GPU water cooling block to the card, the Founder's Edition is certainly the way to go. Once on water, temperature limitations no longer apply and all that length is no longer of any advantage. The Gaming Trio is fantastically long. Someone may make a GPU block for it, but even if you find one nobody wants a 300mm water block. It looks out of place and given that I have the MSI factory version right now, I promise you the size is a royal pain.

So you have the MSI 2080 TI Gaming Trio? If so, what case is yours in? Mine is going in a 570x Crystal Series Mid Tower.

Curious because I am looking to do a push/pull setup with a 360mm radiator on the front of the case, and from the looks of things, I think the measurements will be good and it will fit, but if you have any photos, or can take a quick photo of yours, that would be awesome!!

What is the best setup for the fans at the top of the case? Should I blow air into the case or out?

Currently I have a push/pull setup in the front with air coming into the case across the cooler.

In the back I have a single exhaust going out.

Should the top 2 fans blow in our out?

What is the best setup for the fans at the top of the case? Should I blow air into the case or out?

Currently I have a push/pull setup in the front with air coming into the case across the cooler.

In the back I have a single exhaust going out.

Should the top 2 fans blow in our out?

i have my 570x set up as all intake aside from the rear exhaust fan.. works well in this case. also means all intake is filtered which cuts the dust down by huge ammounts