Corsair Community

H100i shows 0 RPM in BIOS but 2100 in CL

SirBC

I just finished building a new computer with an Ivy Bridge-E Asus X79-Deluxe mobo and the H100i cooler.

I have the fan connector from the pump on the mobo CPU fan header (I've also tried CPU OPT) and the two stock fans attached via the Y cable to the pump. The cooler has firmware 1.05.

Although the pump RPM's are shown in the CL software it shows 0 RPM in the BIOS. I've installed AI Suite III and it too shows 0 RPM. I've tried a case fan in the CPU header and it works fine.

Is there an issue with the pump reporting RPM with the Ivy Bridge-E platform? Or is a damaged pump lead more likely? Any thing else I can try?

The mobo CPU fan header is enabled and reports RPM correctly when I attach a case fan. With the pump attached I've had to disable the cpu fan alert in BIOS or it won't boot.

I uninstalled the CL software before installing the AI suite software to avoid any conflicts.

I reinstalled CL and corsairlinkhardwaremonitor.exe is running (and still showing 0 RPM in BIOS).

I noticed in the latest version of CL it says, "Added experimental support for Intel Ivy Bridge-E CPUs". Just wondering if maybe the mobo can't "see" the pump because of some issue withe the 100i and Ivy Bridge-E??

I noticed in the latest version of CL it says, "Added experimental support for Intel Ivy Bridge-E CPUs". Just wondering if maybe the mobo can't "see" the pump because of some issue withe the 100i and Ivy Bridge-E??

It would be unrelated sort of. It's possible the MB or the H100 isn't sending a strong enough signal to that header or it's the board or BIOS issue. But it wouldn't be related to CL software.

• 2 weeks later...
no they will not

have aisuite spin fan 1 to 2200 and have link spin that same fan to 800

thats just one example and just having them idly co-exist can be very temperamental at the very least.....

Why would you attempt to control one fan with two separate programs? I don't even see how this would make sense or be possible.

Plug the radiator fans into the block, and control them with Link. Use AI Suite for other fans on the motherboard. Monitor temps with both programs. Could there be a conflict? I guess, but I'm not having any.

I have Corsair LINK running on my Windows 8 computer, with a H100i, Commander 2, Cooling Node, and Lighting Node. I use Custom Curves in Corsair LINK to control the 8 fans in my system, including the H100i fans.

The only shortfall I have in Corsair LINK is the CPU Temperature readings, which (with the AMD FX-8350) are not reported accurately, and of course vary considerably.

I use ONLY the Monitor portion of AI Suite to monitor the CPU, MB, VCORE, NorthBridge, and DRAM temperatures. AI Suite accurately displays these temperatures, and does not interfere with the Corsair LINK operation.

RodeoGeorge

Why would you attempt to control one fan with two separate programs? I don't even see how this would make sense or be possible.

it wouldnt be possible of course

i was giving an example of having two programs controlling something such as a fan...

Archived