Corsair Community

600T Side Fan

HOODedAssault

I put the stock 200mm front fan on the side mesh panel of my 600T White. Here is the temperature difference.

STRESS TESTING CPU (linx)

with window = max temp 76C

with side fan = max temp 72C

GAMING CPU (BF3)

with window = max temp 66C

with side fan = max temp 56C

GAMING GPU (BF3)

with window = max temp 79° at 79% fan

with side fan = 75° at 60% fan

Huge difference as you can see.

Here are some pics of what I did. The pics arent great as they were taken with my phone.

http://i41.tinypic.com/29zex3o.jpg

I used a single zip tie at each screw hole with the connector on the zip tie at the point where the fan connects to the side panel to create the spacing so the fan doesn't touch the middle of the mesh where the holes for 120mm fans are. Then used another zip tie to attach the fan to the side panel.

Here is what the tower looks like. It has a bitfenix spectre pro in the front, but I disabled the LEDs because the white is an entirely different shade then the other fans and it didn't look great to me.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ivlheu.jpg

Hope this helps some people. I've seen a ton of people asking if its possible to put a 200mm on the side of this case.

I've always been an advocate of side fans, they are a big help particularly with video cards. Not really a surprise, a high volume of air moving directly across the video card and mother board. Plus IMO large fans like that used in this application are quieter than multiple 120mm fans.

Zip ties are your friend when attempting to attach fans in locations not set up for fan mounting. They can be used discreetly as seen in Hood's picture, from the outside you can barely see them. I've attached large side fans with zip ties to the mesh side of a case, and they held it in place fine permanently, the fan never moved months later.

Archived