Corsair Community

Windows 10 booting issues after install of new K95 Platinum

skoolz

• 2 months later...

No, I have not unfortunately. But I have gotten use to a workaround that is reproducible...

Basically, if I restart my PC now, it won't happen. But if I completely shut it down, 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. If I DID set my keyboard to BIOS mode before shutting down, booting the PC will sit on the BIOS splash screen until I hit any key on the keyboard. Hitting a key essentially allows the PC to resume booting.

2. If I DID NOT set my keyboard to BIOS mode prior to shutting down, then PC will not boot with both keyboard and mouse plugged in. It will hang on the BIOS splash screen and won't respond to key presses. I then have to manually turn off PC via power button, unplug razer deatheadder mouse, and turn back on. It loads just fine then.

• 4 weeks later...
Corsair issued an RMA. The agent said the issue is not recurring. I was not aware, however, that I have to pay shipping, so I'm debating on if it's worth it. Hate that this ever happened. Kind of regretting my purchase at the moment.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone I know this thread is somewhat old but I am having exactly this same issue as described on this thread by the OP.

Is there any workaround or should I just return this kb.?

It is K95 platinum indeed just in case :) thanks in advance guys!

• 7 months later...
I've had a similar issue with a z97x mb and a new K70LP, all seemed ok till I plugged in the extra cable to use the keyboard usb port for my new Dark Corse SE mouse. Computer has all sorts of issues during post and hangs. with cpu errors since...strange