Corsair Community

Keyboard broken layout and random flashes after first iCue startup

Deaudouce

Hello,

For several weeks, I have had a weird issue with iCue and my K90 keyboard:

1. The computer starts up, the keyboard turns red, by default.
  2. I log into Windows, iCue starts in background, my last profile is loaded normally (after hearing a disconnection sound)
  3. After 1 or 2 minutes, the keyboard turns completely white/light blue with random flashes everywhere (like if there were bad contacts). The key to change profile and macro keys don't work. iCue shows the same broken layout in real time.
  4. I shutdown iCue, the keyboard turns back red.
  5. I restart iCue, everything works normally. The issue doesn't appear until the next computer restart.

I didn't notice the issue immediately, as I often use the keyboard without lights.

So I don't know if it was at the same time, but the keyboard took some water several weeks ago. I unplugged it and let it dry immediately when it happened. Every key and light work normally.

I think that if it was the cause of the issue, it should be permanent and not solved by simply restarting iCue.

No other noticeable software or hardware changes were made when the issue appeared, but I don't know if it was after an iCue update.

After a clean Windows 10 installation from scratch, the issue is still there.

The disconnection sound has always been there, even before the issue appeared, but I don't know how to solve it too.

Do you have any idea? :[pouts:

don't know if it's related but i have had my K95 start blinking,flashing and glitching with the lights a handful of times..

restart/shutdown computer and all other related shuff didn't help in my case... the only way to fix it was to disconnect the keyboard and put in back in the usb port again while icue was running and then it worked again... has happened for me approx. once a month for the last half year.

maybe try another port if you haven't already done that.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried another USB port, it doesn't change anything.

However, I found that the issue appears when:

-The startup option is enabled in iCue

-iCue is launched manually OR with a Windows task with the "--autorun" option

-iCue is launched manually OR with a Windows task WITHOUT the "--autorun" option WITHIN the 2 first minutes of Windows startup

The issue does NOT appear when:

-iCue is launched manually OR with a Windows task WITHOUT the "--autorun" option, AFTER the 2 first minutes of Windows startup

I searched for events that begin when the keyboard starts flashing (in the Windows events observer), but I didn't find anything.

Do you have any idea?

• 4 weeks later...