Corsair Community

QL120s in the Lian Li O11 Dynamic

wkeydubs

Hey guys,

So I'm about ready to begin a build using the Lian Li O11 Dynamic case and I'd like to populate all 9 fan slots.

The cooler is going to be the H150i Pro, but i'll be replacing the fans with the QL series 120mm fans.

I'm wondering what the best plan of connection is to power the 9 fans.

I have a Commander Pro and each set of 3 fans comes with the Lighting Node Core, so I will have 3 of those as well.

Motherboard is the ASUS B450-F if that info is pertinent.

Thank you to anyone who can help me bring this vision to life :)

Each Core can take up to 6 QL, so way or another you need to break the 9 into a group of 6 + 3. It doesn’t matter whether the 3 are on the bottom, top, or side, but know the grouping will determine the program “set”. If you do the top/bottom 6 together, then they act as a group 1-6. The other 3 act as their own programmable group.

For fan power/control you should be all set. The H150i will control 3 from the pump splitter. The Commander can take the other 6.

All of these require USB 2 connections to the MB to communicate with the software. The two Cores can piggyback on the Commander’s USB pass through x 2. That means you need 2 motherboard connections, one for the Commander and one for the H150i.

Edited by c-attack

Thank you!!

Build happening tomorrow :)

Each Core can take up to 6 QL, so way or another you need to break the 9 into a group of 6 + 3. It doesn’t matter whether the 3 are on the bottom, top, or side, but know the grouping will determine the program “set”. If you do the top/bottom 6 together, then they act as a group 1-6. The other 3 act as their own programmable group.

For fan power/control you should be all set. The H150i will control 3 from the pump splitter. The Commander can take the other 6.

All of these require USB 2 connections to the MB to communicate with the software. The two Cores can piggyback on the Commander’s USB pass through x 2. That means you need 2 motherboard connections, one for the Commander and one for the H150i.