Corsair Community

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 4.32 & Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

Drake_Heros

Hello there!

About a year ago I bought an upgrade set for my old chimera PC. (I call it a chimera because it was build with different parts I got from other people due to a too long of a story). The upgrade kit consisted out of the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600X processor and a Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 memory set.

I was taught that Ryzen needs the RAM usage above 3000MHz. So I was happy to get a kit for 3200MHz. But ever since I got the kit it has been nothing more but headaches and pain. Over the past year I have been upgrading more parts of my old chimera PC and finally got a whole new PC completely. A friend of mine even suggested to buy the same RAM set again, so all slots will be filled and it might solve my problems. But nope, it did not help.

My issues; Using the PC at stock with no XMP profile and all on auto, works fine. No issues at all. But the moment I turn on the XMP profile or manually set timers I start having issues. I might be using the wrong timings, so hence my question for help.

When I put in the XMP timers as some people suggested, I always end up with BSOD's or the motherboard resets to the default profile of 2133MHz with no XMP.

Are there fellow builders and owners of these PC parts that might be able to help me out? I used Ryzen DRAM Calculator, Typhoon Burner, etc. I learned that my CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 4.32 is classified as Samsung B-die, but might be counted as Samsung OEM.

I placed the 4 RAM sticks simultaneously, as in SetA and SetB, so ABAB in the slots on the Motherboard. I updated the BIOS to F50, which is the latest on the website of Gigabyte Aorus itself.

All I really want is to make those 4 RAM sticks to work on 3200MHz stable, so I can continue enjoying games, together with my fiance and us both work properly on the same PC.

Thank you in advance for reading this thread and I wish you all a happy life and lots of fun.

IMG_20200613_102635.thumb.jpg.0b8acdeca3d451ef8a1acd3eb1aeec93.jpg

Ver4.32 is not B-Die but Samsung 8Gbit C-Die instead and I don't think the "Calculator" is very useful for them.

With four sticks and a 2600X/X470 combo I would test if the XMP does work at a reduced frequency of DDR4-2933, which is what most setups should be able to handle. If that does not work either, test both kits individually.

Ver4.32 is not B-Die but Samsung 8Gbit C-Die instead and I don't think the "Calculator" is very useful for them.

With four sticks and a 2600X/X470 combo I would test if the XMP does work at a reduced frequency of DDR4-2933, which is what most setups should be able to handle. If that does not work either, test both kits individually.

I'm running a pair of these kits - but one came with Samsung and the other pair Hynix - and run into the same issue. Runs stable - except one BSOD in three days, but passed a full 8 hours /4 passes/ of memtest86 - at 2933 xmp profile. 3200 even manual is crashing.

MSI blames Corsair, for having different memory dies. Corsair support appears to be on vacation or shut down due to COVID - super not impressed with their lack of a solid SLA for under warranty parts.