Corsair Community

hydros7289.inf not honouring IgnoreHWSerNum

red-ray

I have set IgnoreHWSerNum in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\UsbFlags\1B1C0C020100 which should stop Windows using the USB device serial number in the PnP ID for my H80iGT (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746122), but this did not work as it should. I have also done the same for the old Link Commander for which it did work. Today I finally figured out what is going on. What I did was:

1. I totally uninstalled the hydros7289 driver and the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device :idea:.
  2. Did find new hardware. As expected the H80iGT was detected and the driver was not found :biggrin:.
  3. Checked the PnP ID which was USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02\6&1B732708&0&2 :biggrin:.
  4. Updated the driver which got the device working :biggrin:.
  5. Checked the PnP ID which had changed to USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02\7289_1.0 ::pirate:::confused:.

The PnP ID should not have changed however it did :mad:.

I did similar for my old Commander PnP ID is USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02\6&1B732708&0&2 which is as it should be :biggrin:.

I have also done this for my NZXT Kraken which has a serial number of CCVI_1.0 and with the driver installed and working the PnP ID is USB\VID_2433&PID_B200\7&16313A47&0&1 which is as it should be :biggrin:.

So basically it's just the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device that does not work as it should :(:.

Corsair, you need to report this to the developers and get it fixed :asskick:.

Archived