Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless sidetone stays muted after unmuting mic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another user chipping in with a new VOID RGB Elite Wireless with this same issue.

If we couldn't fix the piss-poor mic volume ourselves I'd be sending this back. Which is a real shame as it fits nice and sounds good.

Hello everyone! I submitted a Corsair support ticket for this issue and spent the last two weeks talking to them about it. The Corsair rep first recommended uninstalling the current version of my iCUE software and installing the 3.24.52 version of iCUE which I did. He then gave instructions to perform a soft-reset on the headset with the following steps:

Step 1: Please make sure your headset is unplugged.

Step 2: Make sure your headset is powered ON.

Step 2: Hold the Mute button down for around 25 seconds. You will see the lighting on the side turn off.

Step 3: After holding the Mute button, wait for 15 seconds then hold the Power button until the headset turns on.

The lighting on the side of my headset did not turn off after performing these steps, so there was no indication that anything actually happened.

I sent them a picture of the serial number and part number of my headset after their troubleshooting steps did not work. They said my headset is out of warranty which I expected since I have had the Corsair VOID for a few years now.

As my headset is out of warranty they refused to replace it. After looking at other posts about this sidetone problem, it appears that this issue is even happening on new headsets.

With this issue going on, the Corsair VOID headset is terrible headset. When I have to mute my microphone to sneeze during a game, I expect to be able to hear myself after I unmute my microphone. The noise cancelling in the Corsair VOID is pretty good, but it becomes a nuisance with this problem.

After Corsair's response to my support ticket I plan to purchase a new headset from another company. I encourage anyone else that is having the issue to follow suit if you have the means. Corsair did post in this thread and acknowledged the issue 6 months ago, but we have seen no further updates and have no idea when the issue will be resolved.

I am just a frustrated customer that has had enough. Stay safe everyone! Much love!

Edited by nblank

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to bump this thread and say I'm having the same issue. Completely unacceptable that a major company can have issues like this for so long. I purchased an Astro A50 and am anxiously awaiting the sale of this headset to someone else, since it is obvious Corsair does not care about their products.

This is their support department giving you a task to perform that might work temporarily. I have also tried this yielding no permanent fix.

Of course many of these headsets are out of warranty, but like you said, this issue has been happening since they were new. I know mine has. The first time I posted on this thread was almost 2 YEARS AGO.

At this point I wish that a Corsair representative would just come out and say this issue won't be resolved. That way I don't feel the need to check back for more information.

Hello everyone! I submitted a Corsair support ticket for this issue and spent the last two weeks talking to them about it. The Corsair rep first recommended uninstalling the current version of my iCUE software and installing the 3.24.52 version of iCUE which I did. He then gave instructions to perform a soft-reset on the headset with the following steps:

I sent them a picture of the serial number and part number of my headset after their troubleshooting steps did not work. They said my headset is out of warranty which I expected since I have had the Corsair VOID for a few years now.

As my headset is out of warranty they refused to replace it. After looking at other posts about this sidetone problem, it appears that this issue is even happening on new headsets.

With this issue going on, the Corsair VOID headset is terrible headset. When I have to mute my microphone to sneeze during a game, I expect to be able to hear myself after I unmute my microphone. The noise cancelling in the Corsair VOID is pretty good, but it becomes a nuisance with this problem.

After Corsair's response to my support ticket I plan to purchase a new headset from another company. I encourage anyone else that is having the issue to follow suit if you have the means. Corsair did post in this thread and acknowledged the issue 6 months ago, but we have seen no further updates and have no idea when the issue will be resolved.

I am just a frustrated customer that has had enough. Stay safe everyone! Much love!

• 3 months later...

Its fixed in iCue 3.33.246 !

When I rotate the mic up I get an extra prompt. I get 'Mic off', then 'Mic feedback off'

Rotating it down I get 'Mic on', and then 'Mic feedback on' and it stays on.

Headset firmware is still 0.02. Which is odd, I would have thought this would have been a headset firmware issue. I guess not!

iCue also seems to include a new setting called 'Auto Audio Repositioning'. This is different to the Stereo/7.1 toggle, which is still there. Any clue as to what this new setting does? I cant quite tell what its doing (sounds like the same change Turbo Boost did on my old JVC kit), but music sounds better with it enabled.

Edited by Flynny75

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I am still having the same issue on iCue v 3.33.246.

I have to unmute and mute about 10 times before the sidetone will stay on.

Quick update, we just released a new version of iCUE which should help resolve this issue. Link for everyone if you want to download the installer rather than update through the software:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

Let me know if you guys still see the same behavior after updating.

Quick update, we just released a new version of iCUE which should help resolve this issue. Link for everyone if you want to download the installer rather than update through the software:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

Let me know if you guys still see the same behavior after updating.

Hi Nick,

So far so good. It looks like this addresses the issue.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
the issue was never fixed for me on my void elite rgb and now that i changed to virtuoso SE the issue is still there...this is a deal breaking issue this and the thing that the sidetone volume is very low even in the highest setting.

Soft resets have been known to resolve various issues - so this may be worth a shot. To soft reset your VIRTUOSO:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

Doing a clean installation of iCUE is the only other potential fix I can think of - which may not work for everyone. Otherwise, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com - our support will take care of you.

• 1 year later...

I may have a fix for your problem. My mic hasn't unmuted for a couple of days.

1. Remove left ear muff.

2. Remove 7 screws.

3. Locate black mute/unmute switch on the board towards the mic hinge area.

I noticed the switch wouldn't full move, I flicked the switch a couple of times with a tooth pick and it has worked perfect ever since. I'm assuming the spring in the switch was bound up.

CVoid repair.jpg