Corsair Community

Windows 10 vsn 2004 update Repeatedly fails

Rau

I have a Corsair One Pro s/n 0001194403951, BIOS vsn 4.C1. Windows update offers me Windows 10 version 2004. However, the update repeatedly fails, undoes changes made and leaves me on vsn 1909. The Windows Update History reports error 0xc1900101.

The update has failed previously when I was running Corsair Link. I subsequently installed iCue, and then removed Corsair Link. A subsequent attempt at the Windows update failed in the same manner (same error code).

How do I resolve this?

• Corsair Employee
Hmm, can you try running the update with the least amount of USB devices connected? Say, just your mouse and keyboard, no other devices connected (even hubs). Sometimes, having too many devices connected can cause driver conflicts when the update is installing and could cause it to stop and revert.

I have a Corsair One Pro s/n 0001194403951, BIOS vsn 4.C1. Windows update offers me Windows 10 version 2004. However, the update repeatedly fails, undoes changes made and leaves me on vsn 1909. The Windows Update History reports error 0xc1900101.

The update has failed previously when I was running Corsair Link. I subsequently installed iCue, and then removed Corsair Link. A subsequent attempt at the Windows update failed in the same manner (same error code).

How do I resolve this?

I found the issue with the BSOD for gen 1 Corsair Ones - it's Corsair Link. It utilizes a CPU-Z driver that produces a page error during the Win 10 2004 update. If you've been getting "cpuz141_x64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error on your BSOD, like I did, then do the following:

Uninstall Corsair Link including the config files. In fact, uninstall all 3rd party HW monitoring software. *I know deleting CL is a risk for heating but just don't game without it*

Run the Win 10 2004 update. It worked for me and pushed me thru the 80% install barrier during the 3rd reboot. Then reinstall Corsair Link for your Gen 1 Corsair One.

I found the issue with the BSOD for gen 1 Corsair Ones - it's Corsair Link. It utilizes a CPU-Z driver that produces a page error during the Win 10 2004 update. If you've been getting "cpuz141_x64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error on your BSOD, like I did, then do the following:

Uninstall Corsair Link including the config files. In fact, uninstall all 3rd party HW monitoring software. *I know deleting CL is a risk for heating but just don't game without it*

Run the Win 10 2004 update. It worked for me and pushed me thru the 80% install barrier during the 3rd reboot. Then reinstall Corsair Link for your Gen 1 Corsair One.

Nothing appears to suggest that that particular error is occurring. No information is provided by Windows at all as to why the update fails other than "Last failed install attempt on [date] - 0xc1900101.

Also, I am not running Corsair Link anymore, I'm running iCUE. As I understand it, iCUE provides same functionality as Corsair Link - meaning if I have iCUE I don't need Corsair Link - is that right? Changing to iCUE seems to make no difference to the failure mode.

However - I do have CPU-z (v1.93.0 dated August 2020) installed. So, I removed that, unplugged USB devices other than mouse and keyboard, repeated the install of Win10 2004 and it still fails. All failures occur at about the same point - after the 2nd restart (the first restart is manually initiated, then the second is automatic) about as progress reaches 28%. At failure, the screen goes black, and the machine restarts, and large text reports that it's undoing changes etc.

Edited by Rau

• 3 weeks later...

Waterman, looks like Warlordnik found the answer above. Try this

I would say yes, because it interfaces with the custom Corsair Bios on the MOBO and directly controls your fan / pump speeds. Without it you could burn up your GPU/CPU potentially. If I'm wrong or if there is a work around someone call me out, but that's how I understand it.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm having a similar problem as OP but more worse off. I'm not the most technical person so forgive me if I sound like a newb.

I believe my Corsair updated Windows 2004 in the background but didn't install. I made a mistake by doing a Windows full reset whilst reinstalling Windows. Now when its wiped the machine and goes onto the stage of reinstalling Windows it brings up the blue screen with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA / cpuz141_x64.sys error.

I can't log back into my account as its now been wiped. I've tried to delete the Corsair Link in safe mode but no luck.

Can a kind soul advise on the steps I would need to take to fix my machine?

• Corsair Employee
the link inside is not working

Updated link:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/Corsair-One/CorsairOne_CorsairLink_08092017.zip

Hi all,

I'm having a similar problem as OP but more worse off. I'm not the most technical person so forgive me if I sound like a newb.

I believe my Corsair updated Windows 2004 in the background but didn't install. I made a mistake by doing a Windows full reset whilst reinstalling Windows. Now when its wiped the machine and goes onto the stage of reinstalling Windows it brings up the blue screen with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA / cpuz141_x64.sys error.

I can't log back into my account as its now been wiped. I've tried to delete the Corsair Link in safe mode but no luck.

Can a kind soul advise on the steps I would need to take to fix my machine?

We'll need you to contact our support staff for the appropriate steps needed to resolve this issue. Please contact our support team through the portal below:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...