Corsair Community

HELP QL 140 and Commander Pro Problems

Wingsofligh7

Hi all,

Just setup a new rig. Used to come from NZXT. Setup my new rig with Corsair 6 x QL 140s On the commander pro and lighting node core . Updated all softwares and drivers including iCUE. H115i Platinum RGB AIO

Problem : iCUE detects everything and all fans light up and spin. However, from iCUE, I can not control the QL140 fan speed. Quiet, Moderate, Extreme Modes all spins at roughly 1400 RPMs ( that’s what iCUE shows) and very noisy. From the Time I press the power button to startup my computer, it spins at that speed. Regardless of load. Please help. It’s too noisy. I can’t find the fan curve in iCUE I tried swapping fans with Noctua NF A14 Choromax and they also run at full speed on this system.

I’ve had NZXT systems before. I know how quiet even a triple 120 fans on a 360 rad can be. They have quiet modes which is really quiet. And you can control and change your fan curve. I suspect it’s the Commander Pros problem. Firmware and software are all the latest.

Go to the Performance tab and press + to create a new “cooling mode”. This is your custom curve. Don’t use the presets. They are tied to cpu temp and that is neither an effective or enjoyable arrangement. Use GPU temp for now. That should be a familiar temp range. Your coolant temp (H115i temp) is also a viable choice.

ICUE settings -> Commander Pro. Change all the fan settings from Auto to 4 pin. All of your fans are PWM. Occasionally the system misreads this.

Go to the Performance tab and press + to create a new “cooling mode”. This is your custom curve. Don’t use the presets. They are tied to cpu temp and that is neither an effective or enjoyable arrangement. Use GPU temp for now. That should be a familiar temp range. Your coolant temp (H115i temp) is also a viable choice.

ICUE settings -> Commander Pro. Change all the fan settings from Auto to 4 pin. All of your fans are PWM. Occasionally the system misreads this.

Thank you sir. Will try it out n update.

Commander Pro solved. Now problems with H115i RGB Platinum. iCue doesnt detect it. Rad fans running full speed. Help?

Did you plug the AIO USB header into the CoPro? If so, double check the connection, it's very easy to misalign it.

Baio

You can try unplugging the usb 2 and reconnecting. If it was there and now is not, it may be a loose fit.

However, there is a second possibility. The AMD 470/570X boards seem to have a hard time with usb recognition with the Platinum coolers seemingly the most often affected. If you can’t get it to be consistently recognized, you may need to use a powered usb hub as an intermediary between the board and cooler. For a lot of Ryzen board owners this has resolved it.

You can try unplugging the usb 2 and reconnecting. If it was there and now is not, it may be a loose fit.

However, there is a second possibility. The AMD 470/570X boards seem to have a hard time with usb recognition with the Platinum coolers seemingly the most often affected. If you can’t get it to be consistently recognized, you may need to use a powered usb hub as an intermediary between the board and cooler. For a lot of Ryzen board owners this has resolved it.

My H115i was connected to the commander pro. Commander pro onto the motherboard. ICUE sees the commander pro. But not H115i. I will try again. Else I will switch back to NZXT. this shouldn’t be a problem with any board if Corsair states compatibility. Else it should be labeled as Intel only. It’s frustrating after shelling out so much money that sth doesn’t work.

You can do as you wish. There are some long threads about this all over the forum. Both products predate the x570 platform and work with all the others, including other AMD. It only became a common issue after the introduction of the x570 and corresponding BIOS updates to x470. It seems fairly clear as to who deviated.