Corsair Community

H100i Inconsistent Temps

JayRad11

Hey everyone, first post!

I just installed the v2.5 Corsair Link Beta for my H100i, since I had just upgraded to Windows 8.1.

I upgraded to this beta Corsair Link version because after installing 8.1, my 3570k was reaching 100C in game after about 15 minutes. The fans run much faster now, and the problem seemed to go away for a few days. Temps were getting no higher than 78C.

Today, I was playing a little Mass Effect 2 when I noticed the corsair water block LED displaying red. I immediately shutdown and check the temps. I was pushing mid 90's. I opened the case up, unmounted the H100i, and repasted with Gelid GC Extreme TIM. I mounted it all back perfectly, and still received higher than normal temps after tests. I reapplied the paste TWO more times, and still received these higher than normal temps.

Points to make...

- H100i is mounted CORRECTLY and Firmly to the CPU

- Cores idle at anywhere between 50-63C

- Auto Overclock is only ratio-limited to 3.8GHz

- I can hear the pump in the water block running very very quietly

- Pump is running at 2219RPM, and Rad fans are running at 2400-2600RPM.

- If I tap on the hoses lightly, the temps fall to 29-34C on all cores quickly; once I stop tapping, it takes about 8minutes for temps to reach 50-63C again.

Is this my pump failing to circulate coolant? The CPU gets very very cold after I tap on the hoses. No loud grinding is heard coming from the pump.

Thanks a bunch guys

Is this my pump failing to circulate coolant? The CPU gets very very cold after I tap on the hoses. No loud grinding is heard coming from the pump.

I would reseat the pump one moire time just to be sure it was seated correctly. But ,yeah, it sort of sounds as if the pum p is failing.

You can use the link on the left to request an RMA.

I would reseat the pump one moire time just to be sure it was seated correctly. But ,yeah, it sort of sounds as if the pum p is failing.

You can use the link on the left to request an RMA.

Thanks peanutz.

I am starting to think that the pump is failing miserably as well. I repasted, and again the temps are high; ONLY UNTIL I tap on the hoses. After I put the CPU under load, I allowed the CPU to reach high 80-90's. I felt both hoses to test their temperature, and both were cold(ish). As the CPU was still under load, I tapped on the hoses a few times and felt them again for a temperature difference. One hose was now considerably warm to the touch, while the other was cold. (as it should be)

This makes be believe that it is in fact the pump.. Only until I start agitating the hoses, does the pump start to push the hot coolant from the block. Very odd.. I suppose I will have to RMA than..

Where is this link to RMA procedure you spoke of on the left?

Thanks!

Archived