Corsair Community

Bad extension cable?

eaglenv

***Update found another owner with same issue:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172712&highlight=1080ti***This is almost word for word exactly the same issue with my C1...ANYONE ELSE WITH A CORSAIR ONE WITH HDR PROBLEMS FROM THE REAR HDMI PORT PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE.

***Another owner with same issue:

I have tested the Corsair One and same issues no video at boot at all and only after installing latest Nvidia drivers connected by HDMI cable the display ports work kind of. I have the Samsung 49" HDR curved monitor 144hz. When I turn on HDR content connected by display port the monitor freaks out showing artifacts until turned off. It is a issue with the internal display port extension cables going from the internal GTX1080 to the rear of the system. I have contacted support but they just want to do a RMA which will not fix these issues. Corsair needs to update their cable or internal design. Also wanted to note plugging the customer support for Corsair ONE sucks it is the same as Dell in my experience.Plugging the monitor display port straight into the video card under the fan works flawlessly. But they said it might void my warranty come on Corsair these things are two thousand dollars. Sorry, just venting other than this issue I like the system.
Link:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169248&highlight=hdr ***

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all...when I turn on HDR in the Windows settings I get this mess.

48217527302_0687bd41bc_z_d.jpg

It only happens with the rear HDMI port and without HDR turned on the picture is normal. Using the front panel HDMI port HDR works perfect. Tried fresh install Windows, different HDMI cable and reseating the connections with no success. The rear HDMI port is fed via a DisplayPort extension cable which I'm thinking is the culprit. Corsair guru's...I do not want to have to send my unit in for repair...is there a way I can test the extension cable before I open a support ticket? Or should I try anything else? Your expertise is appreciated. Eagle

Edited by eaglenv

Hey there, do you mean that you're are using a DisplayPort extension that gives you an HDMI, then you're connecting HDMI to it and over to your monitor?
Hi there...thx for the response...There are 4 outputs on the graphics card...3 displayports and 1 HDMI...the only HDMI out of the graphics card is going to the front HDMI port on the front of the case...I assume the 3 displayports are going to the rear of the case...and since there are 2 displayports and 1 HDMI back there...I assume the rear HDMI is a DisplayPort to HDMI extension cable...hope that helps a little...

Hi there...thx for the response...There are 4 outputs on the graphics card...3 displayports and 1 HDMI...the only HDMI out of the graphics card is going to the front HDMI port on the front of the case...I assume the 3 displayports are going to the rear of the case...and since there are 2 displayports and 1 HDMI back there...I assume the rear HDMI is a DisplayPort to HDMI extension cable...hope that helps a little...

What model do you have? There is no rear HDMI port on the 2019 models. If you're running HDMI off one of the rear ports, then I assume you have to be using some sort of DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter? If so, I would suspect your problem lies there, not with the graphics card.

What model do you have? There is no rear HDMI port on the 2019 models. If you're running HDMI off one of the rear ports, then I assume you have to be using some sort of DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter? If so, I would suspect your problem lies there, not with the graphics card.

Pro Plus 2018...inside the case these are the ports coming from the graphics card (3 displayports and 1 HDMI)

48254542122_45fedb760c_z_d.jpg

Front of the case has one HDMI port which is hooked via HDMI extension cable from the graphics card HDMI port.

48254461376_e2db2b31fa_z_d.jpg

The rear of the case has 2 displayports and 1 HDMI port...since there is only one HDMI out from the graphics card(used by the front HDMI port)...I assume the rear HDMI is hooked via a displayport to HDMI extension cable which I think is causing the problem since the front HDMI port handles HDR perfectly...I hope this clears up any confusion and sparks ideas of the issue.

48254461976_a93de5e4fd_z_d.jpg

if i remember correctly, the rear hdmi is a dp port converted and as such i doubt even a converter would work well, cos i think the front is a direct hdmi out from d card to the front of the device, not sure since i have sold my elite

You are correct...I think that dp port to HDMI cable (inside the case) is causing my issue...but I have no input or advice from Corsair...would like to use the HDR capabilities of my monitor without having to use the front HDMI port of my C1...and fix the issue causing the rear port to not work at all in HDR. Edited by eaglenv

***Update found another owner with same issue:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172712&highlight=1080ti ***This is almost word for word exactly the same issue with my C1...ANYONE ELSE WITH A CORSAIR ONE WITH HDR PROBLEMS FROM THE REAR HDMI PORT PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE. Edited by eaglenv

***Another owner with same issue:
I have tested the Corsair One and same issues no video at boot at all and only after installing latest Nvidia drivers connected by HDMI cable the display ports work kind of. I have the Samsung 49" HDR curved monitor 144hz. When I turn on HDR content connected by display port the monitor freaks out showing artifacts until turned off. It is a issue with the internal display port extension cables going from the internal GTX1080 to the rear of the system. I have contacted support but they just want to do a RMA which will not fix these issues. Corsair needs to update their cable or internal design. Also wanted to note plugging the customer support for Corsair ONE sucks it is the same as Dell in my experience.Plugging the monitor display port straight into the video card under the fan works flawlessly. But they said it might void my warranty come on Corsair these things are two thousand dollars. Sorry, just venting other than this issue I like the system.
Link:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169248&highlight=hdr ***