Corsair Community

Unknown element tag. Expected device, and come note

NitroCat

Have you tried a different K95 RGB profile?

The issue could be from a profile that has been converted from a different keyboard.

That's the not error I get. When using a K95 profile that's been converted from k70 (possibly k65) using the converter that was posted here, I get the error below and my CUE hasn't crashed because of it. I've seen people posting K95 profiles that they said they converted from K70, and when I download those, most work, but any I have downloaded as K70 and converted myself always get those errors. A few of the profiles people say they converted give me the same error.

I'm assuming what's happening is that the software has no information of the G-keys and the default profiles so it's unable to finish loading the profile and just quits. I have downloaded some converted profiles that come with only one mode for K95, but as of right now it remains impossible to create profile in CUE for K95 with less that three. That's why I think it may be giving an error. That and there are not values for G-keys.

However, anything I have downloaded that was converted contained no information for the G-keys and I had to add them all to the groups and set the lighting myself, so I'm not sure why it only gives error sometimes. There may be some other issue entirely.

This is the full error I get is

Profile was successfully imported, but the following errors occurred while processing profile date.

Profile: Device: Device doesn't contain all required default Modes.

Profile: Device: Mode: Empty name or invalid color in Group background lighting.

I think I saw something that did say "Unknown element tag. Expected device" but I don't have the exact output saved.

Archived