Corsair Community

i145 - SSD/5400rpm Drive Replacement

cjgrode

I seem to be getting some conflicting information on this topic but wanted to confirm here before I purchase an SSD to replace the 2.5 inch drive in the system. I know the RAM and HD can be replaced without voiding the warranty but are we limited to only corsair products when replacing the components? There are numerous SSD deals going on right now and would love to upgrade to a 2TB SSD (samsung evo 860 since its on sale) without voiding the warranty since that was one of the main reasons of buying a prebuilt.

Also will there be an official updated guide to reflect upgrading components with the new system. The only official corsair video I found reflected the older systems with their internal layout being different.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

hi there! the internal layout on the 2nd gen of Corsair One indeed changed. However, the motherboard and drives location are shifted to the opposite side of where they used to be in the 1st gen but everything else should be the same. Meaning, once you open the left side panel, you should be able to access the HDD. (NOT the M.2, only the HDD.)

Please contact our Corsair One support if you have any further question.