Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

Sorry i didnt see this sooner buddy... Glad you are sorted!..

just out of interest, both PC's on same version of iCUE?

Actually the PC I connected the USB to that worked was running iCUE 3.34.170 and the one where it failed was running iCUE 3.35.152. Just to add the PC where it failed was a clean install with no other fan/system monitoring software installed that could conflict.

Just some extra info if it helps here is the details of the two PC's

Firmware update failed PC

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Extreme v1.0 running latest F31j BIOS

AMD 5950x

Windows 10, Version: 20H2, Build:19042.630

iCUE 3.35.152

Firmware update worked PC

Asus ROG Strix Z390-F

Intel i9 9900KS

Windows 10, Version: 20H2, Build:19042.630

iCUE 3.34.170

Thanks

I am having issues. I just got my H100i Elite today.

installed everything was good all of a sudden fan are running MAX speed, its flashing red and i can not connect to ICUE no matter what i do.

No my pc isnt running hot its steady at 32-33C

any help would be great

Hi, my H100i Elite arrived this week, it looks great, but it makes a really high pitched whine noise? Is this normal or should I RMA?

Thanks!

it shouldn't be making high pitched noises. can you tell if it the fans or the pump? and yes i would open and RMA ticket or return it to where yo bought it from

I am having issues. I just got my H100i Elite today.

installed everything was good all of a sudden fan are running MAX speed, its flashing red and i can not connect to ICUE no matter what i do.

No my pc isnt running hot its steady at 32-33C

any help would be great

if it was working ok... and now its not showing in icue. and its acting strange. open a support ticket buddy. somethings not right..

have you tried it on a different usb header?

if it was working ok... and now its not showing in icue. and its acting strange. open a support ticket buddy. somethings not right..

have you tried it on a different usb header?

I just got this today and installed it.

i was working okay for the first 5 minutes i had it.

i have 2 USB Headers and i tried both. Unless there somehow bad.

Its also Flash Red lights not sure what that means.

it shouldn't be making high pitched noises. can you tell if it the fans or the pump? and yes i would open and RMA ticket or return it to where yo bought it from

Its 100% the pump, the high pitch noise changes based on pump profile. RMA is about to suck, paid for shipping California to England.

If anyone could help me out here I would be forever in their debt.

After hours of troubleshooting I cannot get ICUE to recognize my Commander Core/H150I Elite Capellix Cooler.

I have 6 QL fans wires into my Commander Pro/Lightning Node Pro - ICUE picks these up just fine.

I have the 3 ML Fans + their RGB connections wired into my Commander Core.

The Commander Pro/Lightning node pro are wired into a single USB Header - The Commander Core is wired into a separate USB header.

I have tried multiple versions of ICUE and multiple clean uninstalls/reinstalls being sure to delete local files and registry files each time. I have flipped USB headers to rule that out.

After a clean install ICUE will pick up the Core briefly, but gives me an error when attempting to update the firmware. I am very close to returning the whole thing and looking for another solution. Any advice is appreciated.

hi buddy... if it's doing that on the latest version of iCUE, then the best i can suggest right now is opening a ticket with support and see what options they have.. it looks like it needs a firmware update if its showing as a Commander Core rather than the Elite AIO.....

hi buddy... if it's doing that on the latest version of iCUE, then the best i can suggest right now is opening a ticket with support and see what options they have.. it looks like it needs a firmware update if its showing as a Commander Core rather than the Elite AIO.....

Hi Zotty, thank you for your reply.

I'll go ahead and open a ticket.

Last night after I posted I did manage to get it to recognize it as an Elite AIO by unplugging my commander pro and doing clean reinstall/registry wipe.

It was letting me adjust fan curves and RGB. As soon as I attempted to update the firmware the update would fail and it would disappear again. I tried this twice.

On my final attempt I tried to just leave it on the old firmware as a workaround. After awhile it disappeared again and now i'm stuck with my fans at going at 100%. Hopefully support has some answers :[pouts:

Just a suggestion, I don’t know if you have a Gigabyte Motherboard, but if you do, and you have RGB Fusion, close out the program and attempt the firmware update again to see what happens. If you don’t have both Gigabyte and Fusion, then it’s some other program running that’s conflicting with the Firmware update. I know this because there was an earlier post (don’t know if it’s on this thread) stating so, and by following the steps, the firmware update took no more than 30 seconds.

Just a suggestion, I don’t know if you have a Gigabyte Motherboard, but if you do, and you have RGB Fusion, close out the program and attempt the firmware update again to see what happens. If you don’t have both Gigabyte and Fusion, then it’s some other program running that’s conflicting with the Firmware update. I know this because there was an earlier post (don’t know if it’s on this thread) stating so, and by following the steps, the firmware update took no more than 30 seconds.

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that post too. I tried to apply similar logic w/My Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and it didn't seem to change anything. I'll play around with any services/processes that in any way might think about possibly one day considering having an impact on RGB/Fan Curves and see if that helps :p:

Support basically told me to uninstall reinstall it again...Still no luck.

So far the pattern seems to be complete uninstall reinstall with a registry wipe and temporary file wipe from "Appdata" Local AND Roaming and then it shows up in ICue briefly. It will allow me to try the firmware update, but usually fails at 0%. I've seen it go as high as 17% before failing.

Someone elsewhere posted that they had luck using a seperate USB hub (despite what ICue says) so i'll be trying that as somekind of workaround. If anyone has any advice/things to try please let me know.

I've purged my PC of all RGB control/Harware Monitoring or anything that seems like it might conflict. I'm so disappointed. :(:

So I may have fixed it. I was attempting to follow the methodology in this post https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=201815.

The summary of what I did is as follows:

1. Removed all software that might even possibly conflict.

2. Clean Uninstall w/Registry wipe. Cleared Appdata folders.

3. Shut down computer - Switched off power supply and power cycled to make sure all power was out of the system - waited 1 minute.

4. Rebooted and reinstalled ICUE

At this point ICUE was showing my Commander core with the Icon showing the H150i. My plan was to grab the firmware file from my appdata/local/temp folder right when it downloaded and attempt to manually flash.

Right when I clicked the update button I noticed a .bin file "Cue....Bin". I dragged this file to my desktop. Somehow that allowed to update to process and I was able to update firmware on the cooler. Everything has been working smoothly for a few hours and i'm able to turn the fans down.

I'll monitor this for a few days for any questions about my insane ritual - Hopefully this helps someone else.

Hi, I currently have the following setup:

- iCue H150i Elite Capellix AIO

- 1x Commander Core

- 3x ML RGB fans that came with the AIO

- 6x QL RGB fans

I also have these additional components:

- 2x Lighting Node Core

- 1x Commander Pro

From what I can gather from reading a lot of forum posts, there are 2 ways of setting this up.

Setup 1:

- Connect the 3x ML fans LED+PWR to the Commander core.

- Connect the 6x QL fans LED to Lighting Node Core, and the PWR with splitters to the Commander Core.

- Connect the Lighting Node Core to a USB header on the motherboard.

For this setup I've read some conflicting posts about the power draw, will that be too much on the Commander Core?

Setup 2:

- Connect the 3x ML fans LED+PWR to the Commander Core

- Connect the 6x QL fans LED to the Lighting Node Core, and the PWR to a Commander Pro

- Connect the Lighting Node Core USB header to the Commander Pro.

Are both these setups viable or will they not work?

If they both work, is there an advantage to using one or the other?

For a more detailed overview I've attached my own diagrams.

Setup1.thumb.png.9c47749f30837299d1447f4b51280f10.png

Setup2.thumb.png.558a43c1868f9b60bf575600a38abf3d.png

setup 2 unless using powered PWM hubs buddy.. i wouldnt use normal none powered pwm splitters on the Commander Core. its already running a pump/mcu/ 6 fans and the pumps RGB and 6 fans power.

my choice would be setup one with powered PWM hubs., here is an example of how i ran 32 fans off of one Commander Pro,, both RGB and Power and 2 Pumps for my loops

http://i.imgur.com/Q2bE2bml.jpg

i used 8 Port powered PWM hubs.

and here is one where the AIO is controlling all case fans with use of a single powered pwm hub

http://i.imgur.com/L1TFfhpl.png

Edited by Zotty

Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler

ad says:

Two 140mm CORSAIR ML RGB Magnetic Levitation PWM fans deliver powerful airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance, with eight RGB LEDs per fan.

The only ML RGB Magnetic Levitation PWM fans I see for sale have 4 LEDs per fan.