Corsair Community

H115i Platinum- How to connect its SATA power cable

Violett

Hello guys ! I have this AIO cooler and I installed it in the case. Now I have to power it, but I don’t know if is necessary an individual SATA power cable from the PSU, or is enough a SATA power connector from a serial SATA power cable.

I saw a comment on the Internet about somebody wich used a serial SATA power cable to power the cooler and other devices too, but the cooler had issues.

I don’t remember exactly what issues he said, maybe about the fans or the RGB.

He said after changing to an individual SATA power cable from the PSU, the cooler had a normal functioning.

He said that initially wanted to use less cables from the PSU, for to have a good cable management options.

The question is that is true and the cooler requires an individual SATA power cable only for it, or can be used a serial SATA power cable wich power the cooler and other devices too, for example an SSD or an HDD, without getting issues.

Do you have heard about such a problem ? I will try to find again that comment, and if I will find it, I will put the link here.

My PSU is a very good PSU- Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W, I don’t think to not be capable to deliver the proper voltage to all devices, thinking maybe his PSU was culpable for the situation descripted above.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Violett

• 5 weeks later...
It depends what else is on the same SATA line. Connecting your cooler in with a couple of SSDs is not a problem and those use little more than a fan. On the other hand, while running cooler with two high speed fans plys pump and lighting, plus a Commander Pro with 6 fans, plus your RGB Lighting Hub with 6 fans all on the same line may just be within limits, there is no good reason to do so. Your PSU has a decent spread of 2/3/4 head SATA connectors and those flat wires, so if you need to run another it won't be terrible. Most people do not.