Corsair Community

Fan 1 Bug - commander pro + icue

Gabbatek

Many times now when i have started my system fan 1 through my commander pro fails to respond to profile or performance changes unless i restart the corsair service. This only happens to fan 1.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any fixes? I have the latest software and firmware.

Would moving all my fans along one and abandoning fan slot 1 be the only fix?

You could try resetting the Commander Pro, I had one fan port that "died" on one of my Commander Pro's and a reset fixed it. To reset your Commander Pro (having three hands would prove useful for these steps)...

1. Ensure your PC running, unplug the SATA connection from the CoPro,
  2. On the front of the CoPro, there is a small hole. Using a straightened paperclip or similar, press the reset button found in the hole described and
  3. Whilst continuing to hold the reset button down, reconnect the SATA cable.
  4. Release the reset button.

After a brief-ish period, the Commander Pro will be recognised by the system. Check ICUE and update the firmware if required.

Can you tell us a bit more about Fan 1?

Is it configured for DC/PWM mode? What sensor is controlling the fan curve?

I'ts set to the h115i pro temp sensor. The fan is a LL120 rgb intake, i have tried another one of the same model too.

It seems that fan 1 is not updating any temperature changes as it hovers around 650 rpm which is the idle temp at start up.

Restarting the corsair service fixes it so i'm going to force a firmware update

I haven't actually put the temp sensors in as the 500D is a nightmare for cable management.

I can confirm that a forced firmware update, a reset and firmware update has not fixed the issue and it seems to only happen when the computer is first started.

Archived