Corsair Community

H115i Default Pump Setting

SightUp

I do not like that the stock pump setting is set to 'balanced.' I would like to change it to 'Performance.' I here 0 difference between the two settings, however, I do see a 5c difference in temps when it is on performance. I do not wish to install the Corsair software though. How might I be able to change it via firmware or something? Surely there is someone out there that has created a way.

I am more concerned you see a 5C difference in coolant temperature between the two pump speeds. That is too much and suggests a problem.

You should be able to save fan and pump settings to the device, although I can’t be certain the pump speed will save without a v2 series cooler to try it on. You will need to install iCUE or Link to initiate this and it might be a good time to do some controlled testing while it’s there. You’ll need it to see coolant temperature.

Your H115i is the second version of the H110i GTX. The H100i GTX and H80i GT got more telling Hxxx v2 names. They are all part of the same series from the same OEM and thus have similar hardware capabilities.

Again, a 2-3 reduction at idle and 5C under load suggests you have a developing flow problem. However, you need to be sure and not make casual observations about CPU temperature. This is best observed through the coolant temp (also called H115i Temp) in the Link or iCUE application. You don't need to keep it installed, but you certainly need to make firmware profile changes and it helps quite a bit with troubleshooting. I am not sure other monitoring programs can see the coolant temp without the Corsair.service running in the background.

Archived