Corsair Community

CUE profiles doesn't switch after lock and unlock Win 10

TerrorBlade

Hello and sorry in advance if there is already a thread about but i wasn't able to locate it.

When i power up my computer all the CUE 2 profiles can change automatically based on the application i am using at the moment ( and that i have linked to the profiles ) but if i leave my computer for some time and it locks and then i unlock it it stays to the default profile that i have set and it doen't change. If i open the CUE2 software and try to change the profiles manually i observed that on the one hand they change but on the other hand neither the macros work nor the lightning effect changes. If i exit CUE2 and realunch it everything works again but as you can guess i cannot constantly do this.

Is there any suggestions or maybe any known solution ?

When the issue occurs again, Open Device Manager and make sure "Corsair composite ...input device" is under Human Interface Devices and "Corsair Bus" is listed under System Devices.

Is Windows, USB chipset drivers, etc up to date?

What version of CUE are you using?

When the issue occurs again, Open Device Manager and make sure "Corsair composite ...input device" is under Human Interface Devices and "Corsair Bus" is listed under System Devices.

Is Windows, USB chipset drivers, etc up to date?

What version of CUE are you using?

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Yes both corsair composite...input device and Corsair Bus are listed after the lock and unlock.

Both windows 10 USB chipset drivers and everything else are up to date. ( was the first i thought too ! ) I am using the latest version of CUE 2.18.81

• 4 weeks later...
I tried booting in safe mode and there was no problem there. Tried to disable everything that is starting along windows and restarted in normal mode but the problem was still there even thought nothing was running on the background. Any chance anyone can help me figure out how to locate the task/process that is messing/conflicting with the CUE ( i guess ) ? This thing is driving me crazy

• 2 weeks later...
Yes unfortunately since the problem spans from V1.x all the way to V2.19.xx, I think there was a major change by Microsoft in the Win10 FCU which broke the method used to by Corsair to detect and switch profiles through all versions of CUE.

Edit: As I said in my previous post the only thing that fixed it for me was REVERTING from the Win 10 FCU (Fall Creator Update) back to Win 10 CU (Creator's Update).

Glad it worked for you, but its Corsairs issue, and I shouldn't have to go back. Besides I like some of the new features in the FCU! I do have a little bit of sympathy for these software companies though, Win 10 has given a lot of them fits with constant updates. But where's Corsair with the customer support? I too put in a ticket, and we will see what comes of it.

I also have a ticket open with Corsair for this.

Last week they started out with the usual troubleshooting - re-install CUE, force update firmware, re-initialise keyboard etc., which is fair enough but indicates that their support teams at least are still unaware that this is a CUE/Windows problem, rather than user error.

Once that was out the way, they have passed it on up the line. Ticket is still open. So, hopefully it will get the attention of the right people soon enough. I'll be honest, I'm surprised it seems this forum has not done that already. Maybe it has, but hard to assume that when there has been no response from Corsair. A small post to say "we're aware of the problem and are on it" would go a long way!

Even if you did not take the update, re-linking the launch app in the target field is a good idea.

While this may help some and probably not a bad thing to do once in a while anyways, I know that is not the only problem.

With Fall update, there is definitely something happening with the PC going into lock mode or sleep, anytime you hit the login screen, I think MS changed something because when you log back in, Cue cannot detect the active application.

I just re set many of my apps with the 2018 creative cloud suite install and got the same results with the 2.195 latest cue and the Fall update and this goes for more than one machine with the same setup from a software and peripheral standpoint.

When you log back in, you cannot simply restart cue, you need to do a full reboot, so it is definitely something different on Microsoft's end. How do you enable logging? I could do that in a second and post the results.

No, there are some other glitches as well. One of the more pervasive ones for me is the falsely tagged (or persistently tagged) 'wrong default'. After using a program with a linked CUE profile, it will consistently revert back to a former default profile 10, 20, whatever number of rungs down the ladder instead of the one at the top. The only cure is to delete the permanently tagged profile and then import it again. This has been around for 10-11 versions of CUE. I am not sure if it encompasses your issues or not.

No, there are some other glitches as well. One of the more pervasive ones for me is the falsely tagged (or persistently tagged) 'wrong default'. After using a program with a linked CUE profile, it will consistently revert back to a former default profile 10, 20, whatever number of rungs down the ladder instead of the one at the top. The only cure is to delete the permanently tagged profile and then import it again. This has been around for 10-11 versions of CUE. I am not sure if it encompasses your issues or not.

I take it you tried dumping all the profiles after backing them all up and then also manually deleting this:

C:\Users\cattaksusername\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE\profiles\

specifically deleting the tree.cueprofileorder?

Something tells me that may help remedy that issue as it appears to match the way cue stores the profiles on the left hand side. Worth a shot?

Yes, at one point after one of the infamous disappearing CUEtastrophes, I wiped everything down to the bolts, including an OS reinstall. It happened again within a week or two. I suppose I change my main default profile often, sometimes almost weekly, but it easier to quickly remove and reinstall one profile then do them all on a regular basis. However, it only happens after using an application with a linked profile. It never boots/wakes to the wrong one, so there may not be a connection to this issue.

I've also had the problem since FCU... I have to Exit CUE and restart it, then it will detect the games and autoswitch...

I have to do that as well, but (as strange as this might seem) mine still loses this ability after a certain amount of time. The only way to regain it by exiting CUE and restarting. Its a head scratcher!! HELP us CORSAIR!!!!

New version of CUE out today - 2.20.72. Tried it with high hopes, despite no comments on the forum. Sadly, the problem remains exactly as before - lock user, re-enter password, CUE switches from onboard profile to default profile but then cannot switch to other profiles, automatically or manually, until CUE is manually closed and restarted.

Archived