Corsair Community

Case FAQ

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

Case FAQ

Q: How do I remove the 5 ¼ plastic drive bay covers on the 700D/800D?

A: The aluminum face plate on the front of the case is removable and it will need to be removed before you have access to remove the drive bay covers. You will want to hold the top of the case with one hand and then pull outward from the bottom of the face plate. The aluminum face plate should come right off and once you remove the necessary drive bay covers you can simply line up the face plate and snap it back into place.

Q: How many fans come with the 700D/800D?

A: Both cases ship with 3x 140mm fans, and the case will support and additional 4x 120mm fans.

Q: What are the specifications for the 140mm fans included in the 700D/800D?

A: RPM = 900 +-150

CFM Max = 69

dBA Max = 17.9

Q: I would like to use a 120mm fan on the rear fan mounting area, is that possible?

A: The rear fan mounting location will support either a 140mm OR 120mm fan.

Q: What size radiator will fit in the top of the 700D/800D?

A: The cases are designed to accommodate most 3x 120mm (360mm) radiators with enough space to support push/pull configurations. Measured from edge to edge of the mounting holes on the top of the case there is 10 mm of space between mounting holes.

Q: Do the hot swappable HDD cradles support SSDs and other 2.5in form factor drives?

A: Yes, using the screw holes on the bottom of the cradle (rather than the sides, which are used for standard 3.5in drives) you can secure a 2.5in HDD or SSD.

Q: What size motherboards will the 700D/800D support?

A: They will support mATX, ATX, eATX.

Q: A part on my case has been damaged; do I need to have my whole case replaced?

A: In most instances you do not need to have the whole case replaced, we can replace the damaged part individually. Please use Technical Support Xpress (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx) to submit a request.

Q: Does the 700D/800D support USB 3.0?

A: http://www.corsair.com/cases/case-accessories/obsidian-series-800d-700d-front-panel-usb-3-0-upgrade-kit.html

Q: Can I order a non-windowed side panel for the 800D or a windowed side panel for the 700D?

A: Absolutely! Please check the corsair store, here: https://shop.corsair.com/store/item_view.aspx?id=1171683

Q: If I decide to mount fans on the top of the case, should they be used for exhaust or intake?

A: In most systems we would suspect that exhaust fans would make the most sense to be mounted on the top of the case. Every system is going to be slightly different so there is definitely some room to experiment.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q: Can I order a non-windowed side panel for the 800D or a windowed side panel for the 700D?

A: Absolutely! Please check the corsair store, here: https://shop.corsair.com/store/item_view.aspx?id=1171683

Hi,

I juste ordered my 700D and would love to add a windowed side panel on it. But I can't find it on the store. Do you have anny idea when it's gonna be available ?

Thanks in advance,

GZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased my 800D from NewEgg. I know i'm going to want to have dirty filthy sex with it. To make this a long term commitment I'm going to need two things.

1) Ability to purchase SATA III back planes & cables.

2) Ability to purchase USB 3.0 front panel when pin outs are common place on system boards.

Just want to keep things fresh, ya know? So I don't step out on my new girl.

• 4 weeks later...

RamGuy I would suggest that you change the distance spec mentioned in the radiator information spec to read 15mm center to center, as that's what most people talk about. It will only confuse people as they will read 15mm fan spacing from the radiator manufacture's site and will believe that it's not compatible with the 800D.

Really every popular radiator will work except for the Thermochill PA series radiators (25mm fan spacing) and the Feser Monsta Radiators. Seeing as both of those products are now discontinued there really shouldn't be any issue with fitting radiators into the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Case FAQ

Q: If I decide to mount fans on the top of the case, should they be used for exhaust or intake?

A: In most systems we would suspect that exhaust fans would make the most sense to be mounted on the top of the case. Every system is going to be slightly different so there is definitely some room to experiment.

the H100i manual does note in step 1 "Install the Fans an Radiator":

"For the best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fans as an air-intake to your PC case"

Georg

Archived