Corsair Community

Updated Force 160 GB from 2.0 to 2.4 and its worse

pras1011

The same thing hapened to my F115 after updated to 2.4.

After some BSODs at resuming from sleep, on restart, Bios didnt see it.

With 2.1a firmware F115 has had only sleep problem.

I spent a 1/2 month to solve the sleep problem with no results.

I returned to the shop and I got money back.

I don't understand what you mean. If your drive is not functioning properly, why would you refuse to let us replace it. If you refuse our assistance, there's not much we can do to help you.

RMA'ing a 40nm drive will get me a 25nm drive if something goes wrong?

That's what I'm afraid, because the newer drives have lower speed in benchmarks.

Not on our drives they don't.

So the new memories have the same advertised speeds?

That's good news then, If I'm not wrong the Force drives with the 'A' in their label had a small up to 5% speed decrease, maybe it was fixed or just the initial firmware to blame.

Thanks.

No, what I think Yellowbeard is saying is that they RMA like for like. You wouldn't get a 25nm as a replacement because they use different part numbers. Lots more about the 25nm SSDs here: http://www.corsair.com/blog/force25nm

No, I am saying he is WRONG about the concerns over the 25nm flash and decreasing speeds. A lot of information floating around out there was speculation and FUD.

HERE is what you need to know about 34nm vs 25nm.

No, what I think Yellowbeard is saying is that they RMA like for like. You wouldn't get a 25nm as a replacement because they use different part numbers. Lots more about the 25nm SSDs here: http://www.corsair.com/blog/force25nm

This is not entirely correct and would depend on stock at the time of your RMA. Older part numbers may not be available. So, if you RMA an F160 for example, you may indeed get an "A" model using 25nm NAND as a replacement. "A" drives are not lesser drives.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't update your firmware as now the drive is not detected on power on OR reboot. Waiting for more seconds before resetting the computer sometimes works but not always.

If your system is not detecting the drive, then unplug the power cord. When you plug it back in and see if the drive is detected.

Archived