Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Pro Se, 2000Hz polling Stutter

Sixuno

Received the mouse today. Updated the firmware to 1.6.25 and dongle to 1.3.9

Mouse randomly stutters when set to 2000Hz/0.5 msec polling rate.

It's not constant, maybe once every 3-5 mins it will stop moving for about a second then start working again.

So much for thinking an updated Dark Core wouldn't have issues..:laughing:

Hi,

I've been seeing some wierd behavior with mine too.

I've not altered the polling rate and think mine is still set to 1000ms.

I can game for a good few hours without issue then all of a sudden the mouse will stop responding for a few seconds then work again. But once it starts it continues like this until I plug in the USB cable.

Software reports the mouse as having plenty of charge so not sure its charge running out, but does so far only appear to be an issue when using it wirelessly.

Hi Nick,

I have mine plugged direct into the rear ports on my motherboard.

I have a Corsair K57 Keyboard and a HS70 connected along with the ST100 Headset Stand, my Headset dongle is in the stand.

I have the dongle for the Mouse and Cable for charging in one pair of USB ports on the motherboard near the NIC and the dongle for Keyboard and Cable for charging are in another pair further up the read of the motherboard so not too close to each other.

I had toyed with trying the Slipstream beta so I only needed the one dongle for the mouse/keyboard but decided I needed to make sure this was working normally as-is before I ventured down that avenue.

Sorry for the late reply. I've moved the dongle from the back of my computer to the port in the K95 platinum a few days ago. That seemed to fix the issue for me. I haven't noticed it at all since doing so. I have it set to 2k polling.

The distance from the back of the computer to my mouse is roughly 4-4.5 feet with no desk obstruction. Obviously the port in the k95 makes it about 1-1.5 feet away.

also, I have no other wireless dongles attached. Everything else is wired.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick,

I have mine plugged direct into the rear ports on my motherboard.

I have a Corsair K57 Keyboard and a HS70 connected along with the ST100 Headset Stand, my Headset dongle is in the stand.

I have the dongle for the Mouse and Cable for charging in one pair of USB ports on the motherboard near the NIC and the dongle for Keyboard and Cable for charging are in another pair further up the read of the motherboard so not too close to each other.

I had toyed with trying the Slipstream beta so I only needed the one dongle for the mouse/keyboard but decided I needed to make sure this was working normally as-is before I ventured down that avenue.

If you move the dongle for the Dark Core Pro to the USB ports on the front of the case, does the wireless performance improve?

• 1 month later...

After 18 months 3 days ago got this strange issue both wired AND wireless

After a "rest" the mouse lock for a brief time like 100-200ms not taking any input.

(if you move it 25cm quickly the cursor will not bulge)

>> rest time may be a few seconds but also only half a second - randomly <<

Any suggestion?

After 18 months of good use, 3 days ago I got this strange issue both wired AND wireless

After a "rest" the mouse lock for a brief time like 100-200ms not taking any input.

(if you move it 25cm quickly the cursor will not bulge, if you use the wheel the browser dont scroll)

>> rest time may be a few seconds but also only half a second - randomly <<

The issue randomly perdure for 30 seconds or 30 minutes,

then it stop for a period (few minutes or few seconds ) then restart.

That's driving me crazy even writing this short message :-(

update:

may be it's only my idea but wireless the "block time" seems shorter then wired !!!

Any suggestion?

Device Polling = 1msec

sleep mode = 4minutes

Power saving mode = off

Edited by AlainCh2

• 4 months later...

I'm also having the same issue as well. Brand new mouse. Using the usb in the back of the motherboard and if its plugged in the front it works great but after two hours or so its starts cutting in and out. it usually stutters for a good while unless i switch the mouse (using the switch on the bottom) to change it to USB wired mode and back again. I havent even used this mouse long enough for the battery to not apear full. Software has been reinstalled and firmware up to date.

Changing the poling rate from 1000 to 2000 seemed to make it happen less often and less violantly for me. if my information helps pin point the issue thatd be cool otherwise ill probably return it so im not stuck with this issue.

I have the same issue. I noticed that in game my Dark Core Pro kept missing mouse clicks (really annoying in fps). So I tested clicking multiple browser tabs and again it missed some clicks. It would seem to missed 2 or 3 quick clicks in groups which is when I think it was freezing for a second or so. Changing to 500Hz, from 1000, seems to have helped. My dongle is in the rear of my K65 keyboard.

• 1 month later...