Corsair Community

SDK Updated (v1.15.28)

Hey James,

nice to see that the SDK evolves further.

I've just read through the new reference pdf and the only change I recognized is the new ReleaseControl-Function.

Is it safe to assume, that the new binary is a completely backward-compatible drop-in replacement for existing projects?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking to get into the SDK. Will the current version work with the current version of CUE 2.0? Is there a quick start guide to setting it up? I know the basics of APIs and programming but I'm not sure how to set up this api or use it. Is there even documentation?

EDIT: The downloads section on the Corsair site has much newer versions of the SDK. Also, can the SDK do anything with the mice?

Edited by Red Korvo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but when setting the lighting value to 0 for RGB using a Corsair k70 keyboard, the lighting effect is a very faint gray rather than turning off the backlight.

The API call in question is this:

std::vector<CorsairLedColor> ledColorsVec; // vector filled with key layout

for (auto &ledColor : ledColorsVec)

{

ledColor.r = ledColor.g = ledColor.b = 0;

CorsairSetLedsColorsAsync(ledColorsVec.size(), ledColorsVec.data(), nullptr, nullptr);

}

Using: CUESDK.x64_2013 (Version 1.15.28)

• 5 weeks later...

I have a request if you could consider it for a future revision of the SDK. Would it be possible to make it fail passively if the CUESDK_2013.dll is not present on the system? If we are writing apps that target multiple RGB products (across multiple manufacturers) not all users are going to have a Corsair device or CUE installed. I do not wish to distribute a DLL file for every different manufacturer's devices, but if I compile my program with CUE SDK and try to open it without CUESDK_2013.dll present, I get the error:

"The program can't start because CUESDK_2013.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

There's no way to catch and handle this exception, as it's thrown by the OS before even launching my application. DLLs are meant to be dynamically loaded and thus gracefully error-handled, not force crash your program if they aren't available.

I have a request if you could consider it for a future revision of the SDK. Would it be possible to make it fail passively if the CUESDK_2013.dll is not present on the system? If we are writing apps that target multiple RGB products (across multiple manufacturers) not all users are going to have a Corsair device or CUE installed. I do not wish to distribute a DLL file for every different manufacturer's devices, but if I compile my program with CUE SDK and try to open it without CUESDK_2013.dll present, I get the error:

"The program can't start because CUESDK_2013.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

There's no way to catch and handle this exception, as it's thrown by the OS before even launching my application. DLLs are meant to be dynamically loaded and thus gracefully error-handled, not force crash your program if they aren't available.

As you're saying, this isn't a problem with the sdk. It's a "Feature" of windows. Windows throws an error because you built the sdk in your program using load-time linking. You should look into run-time linking.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to find a way to take the battery percentage of my void wireless headphones and print them to a text document but i cant find out how to get the sdk to work... can someone please help me out?

I have no coding experience with C but i'll learn if someone can tell me how to get visual studio working with the SDK. I know this probably isnt something beginners should be messing with but i think what i want is fairly simple... also the documentation for the sdk needs to be more detailed for people like me...

i cant find out how to get the sdk to work... can someone please help me out?

I have no coding experience with C but i'll learn if someone can tell me how to get visual studio working with the SDK.

To get started, after you've unpacked the ZIP file, use Visual Studio to open the .sln or .vcxproj files in the example folders.

I want to find a way to take the battery percentage of my void wireless headphones and print them to a text document but i cant find out how to get the sdk to work.

The capabilities of the SDK are focused on lighting control, so you may have to find another method to get the battery percentage of your VOID wireless headphones. (I only have the wired version of the headphones, or I'd try a few things out, such as WMI calls.)

Overview

The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK gives ability for third-party applications to control lightings on Corsair RGB devices. CUE SDK interacts with hardware through CUE so it should be running in order for SDK to work properly. SDK features are supported in CUE version 1.10 or higher. To use this SDK you should have basic knowledge in C and library linking.

Edited by Comet ☄

• 2 weeks later...
Will we be getting features like Razer? In STO if I play a Klingon my mouse automatically turn orangish, light green for Romulan, and blue for Federation. Mouse turns red when in combat. It's a razer naga. Just bought the corsair strafe yesterday with the hopes there would be similar features but I haven't been able to find much yet.. Keep the strafe, or buy the Razer blackwidow rgb???

Will we be getting features like Razer? In STO if I play a Klingon my mouse automatically turn orangish, light green for Romulan, and blue for Federation. Mouse turns red when in combat. It's a razer naga. Just bought the corsair strafe yesterday with the hopes there would be similar features but I haven't been able to find much yet.. Keep the strafe, or buy the Razer blackwidow rgb???

That is not the SDK itself, but rather the game developers that added support for it.

For example Blizzard recently added Corsair SDK support for Diablo 3, but unless the game developers themselves support it Corsair can do nothing apart from providing the SDK.

• 2 months later...

Will the 2015.dll versions of the sdk ever be shipped with corsair cue installations ?

Regarding the license of the sdk are we allowed to redistribute the header files and binaries to users of our software (the project in question is open source, non profit) ?

Kind regards

• 5 months later...

Is there an issue with the SDK? I'm using version: `Corsair-SDK-Release-v1.15.28.zip`

I can't seem to set the lighting for some of the keys.

CorsairLedId::CLK_G1 = 121, // only this key LED can be set

CorsairLedId::CLK_G2 = 122, // nada

CorsairLedId::CLK_G3 = 123, // nada

CorsairLedId::CLK_G4 = 124, // nada

CorsairLedId::CLK_G5 = 125, // nada

CorsairLedId::CLK_G6 = 126, // nada

Any insights?

Thanks!

CorsairLedId corsairKey = CorsairLedId::CLK_G2;
int red = 255;
int green = 255;
int blue = 255;
auto ledColor = CorsairLedColor{ corsairKey, red, green, blue };
CorsairSetLedsColors(1, &ledColor);

Edited by devinethang

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was looking into this for a custom taskbar icon, but it can't do it.

Can the ability to see the charge and charging state of wireless peripherals be added to the SDK?? This is shown only in CUE currently.

I'd like this too... or possibly a CUE enhancement to show it on the pop-up menu (saves me writing a custom menu app!):

2018-01-03-CUE-Menu-mod-Th.jpg