Corsair Community

Recall of H110i GT Coolers from resellers (not an end user recall)

jonnyguru

• Corsair Employee

Greetings everyone.

As a precautionary measure, Corsair has recalled the H110i GT from our resellers for screening. Here’s some information about what this means to you.

1. We discovered that when some units are exposed to extremely cold, sub-freezing temperatures during shipment, they can leak small amounts of coolant.

2. This problem can be immediately identified when the box is opened as some users noticed small drops of coolant in the plastic bag surrounding the unit.

3. If there has been no coolant leaked in the package, the unit should operate normally and with no problems.

Though we have seen no failures of units during operation, and have tested units in a wide variety of conditions to verify they have not leaked once installed, we understand that this can be disconcerting. If you have purchased this product and have a concern, please contact your reseller or Corsair directly to return the product. We will likely not have replacement units available for six weeks, as the entire recall, screening, and re-manufacturing process takes significant shipping time.

Thank you for purchasing Corsair, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the information.

Couple days ago, I ordered couple H110i GT's for PC's and wondered why the seller was unsure about delivery time, but this explains it.

Bit annoying tho, as I've all other parts ready, just missing the CPU coolers, and the seller told me that I might need to wait up to 6 weeks before I could get my hands on them.

But oh well, it's better to have working components than broken ones. :)

If only we didn't ship the H110i GT to colder climates during the winter time. Should've waited for summer.

Maybe it's a good thing. It would have shown up sooner or later, and then required a user recall maybe, especially for those in northern climates (I wish I could move back to MN!).

Do you have an ETA date on when distribution will be back into swing? My wife and I have carefully scheduled builds for our PCs (we are on a budget, and it takes time to get all the parts), and currently have the beginning of April allotted for the first of two orders for this cooler (the second in June).

I had to send mine back in and was told it would be the beginning of april when I should expect to receive the replacement. So you should hopefully be in luck. I assume they would ship the replacements before distributers get stock.

Well, let's hope it isn't a major thing, and they can get it done fast. Right now, I am using the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B with an aftermarket 107CFM Dual Ball Bearing fan on, and I don't want to delid either i7 until I can get baseline data on each on the H110i. I have decent enough temps right now, but not as good as it can be. My wife's 4770K is a definite delidding candidate, and I'm really thinking about voiding the warranty on my 4790K and doing the same with mine just because it's not where it should be temp-wise as well.

I would go custom loop if we had the money to, but that's going to be a longer-term project. AIO will handle our needs for now, and we want the best. Corsair's price is right. It would be nice if they could add an option like the EK Supremacy has (as a separate option), and offer a naked die adapter for the H-series cooler blocks.

The one I received was leaking but I installed it and it seemed to work fine. I left it on overnight and didn't notice any leakage. It did however start making noise from the pump so I sent that mofo back. Now I have to wait for the replacement and they say by april.

If yours wasn't leaking I wouldn't be worried. If so you can send it back and wait or get a refund. The might exchange it for a different model, but who knows.

• Corsair Employee
Got mine delivered today from Amazon USA to Australia. No sign of leaks and everything all good.

It's summer in Oz, so you're good.

HI ALL MEMBERS

h110i gt exposed to extremely cold, sub-freezing temperatures during shipment.

BUT what about when installed system and under load temp ?

Since that would be greater than -10°C? I would say you're fine. ;):

The one I received was leaking but I installed it and it seemed to work fine. I left it on overnight and didn't notice any leakage. It did however start making noise from the pump so I sent that mofo back.

Yeah. The slight reduction in coolant causes some extra air in the loop which could make a noise, soo... :(:

Yeah. The slight reduction in coolant causes some extra air in the loop which could make a noise, soo... :(:

Well, it's air that kills the pump. That one needs sent back, I would think.

One option would be to make these like a Swiftech, and make it an extensible AIO, instead of a pure closed loop.

They would probably have to trash the warranty if they did that though, and that is one of the things that makes me want to buy the H110i GT... Five years is respectable. That's why I just ordered that Gigabyte Z97X G1 Wifi Black, the five year warranty, after having a RMA nightmare with ASRock, which is still in progress (they have had the Z87E-ITX for over a week and a half, and still haven't shipped the replacement... THE FREAKING THIRD REPLACEMENT).

I'm just hoping this stuff is ready to go this time next month. We just ordered the Gigabyte board, and next month, I order the H110i and the AX860i (which rotates through my machine, until I can get the AX1200i for mine in early summer. Her's is the micro-ATX, and in the meantime, she will use the HX-650).

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when this cooler may be back in stock to purchase?

Honestly I feel pretty burned on my decision to go with Corsair for a Case, PSU, CPU Cooler, and even RAM. Originally was just here for RAM, but the Cases seem to be perfect for the planned build and PSU and CPU cooler are easy choices for a sure fit.

I mean RAM is where they've made their name, but it seems they've gotten lazy with that as well, including the dominator platinum series. I want more than White/Blue light bar kits not super special limited of time only orange accents, cmon guys. It's a nick pick for sure, but when its made one of the main marketable points, after 4+ years, there really should be more choices.

Case (750D), was almost a sure sell until I saw no front mesh option. Thankfully that should be out soon. I am very much set on easy to remove Front, Bottom, and Top filters with good airflow since I have 3 effin cats to worry about.

PSU I have heard nothing but good things about the AX and HX series, getting a HX1200i for the build. However one of the selling points, Corsair Link, seems to be super buggy and not worth the effort at this time. Its a shame since it would be VERY powerful for ease of use and help sell all these Corsair made items together.

I'm really looking forward to ordering one for myself but I can't find a retailer that has it in stock. Which makes sense now, just would like to know if the issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks

I've pre-ordered one from eBuyer (UK). They reckon 31st of March (although I pre-ordered mine on the 3rd when they expected them on the 6th, so...)

http://www.ebuyer.com/700194-corsair-hydro-h110i-gt-hp-280mm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060019-ww

What is the status of stock at NewEgg? We are looking at purchase of this and an AX860i (assuming certain financial issues here hold out without issue) on the 1st. Will NewEgg have these in stock on or around the 1st?

jonnyguru, can you give us an update?

Ordered mine at 03-19-2015 In Germany, they expected the H110i Gt on 03-20-2015, now they say delivery is more as 7 days and some shops say about 27 April:wtfman:. Now I got every thing at home except my ddr4 ram, that come next week, but have to wait on the H110i gt, damn, so If I have bad luck, I have to wait a month for my cooler and I don't have a other cooler that I can use for now.:mad:

Ordered mine at 03-19-2015 In Germany, they expected the H110i Gt on 03-20-2015, now they say delivery is more as 7 days and some shops say about 27 April:wtfman:. Now I got every thing at home except my ddr4 ram, that come next week, but have to wait on the H110i gt, damn, so If I have bad luck, I have to wait a month for my cooler and I don't have a other cooler that I can use for now.:mad:

Well, I'm sitting here having to use the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev B from my Lian Li PC-Q18 for now (with an aftermarket fan, since the Obsidian 750D is wide enough to do so), but, if you have to, there is always the S-word...the Stock heatsink...it's okay for like browsing and MS-Office crap in the meantime.

This can actually keep it in the upper 70's-low 80's crunching SETI, but I have a HX-650 PSU that glitches out and kills motherboards I think at a load between 150-250W, but seems fine at low load. It caused the same issue I had with the ASRock boards on my Gigabyte Z97X WIFI-BK, fortunately, pulling the CMOS battery and doing the CMOS Clear button (to discharge any capacitors) reset something to where it powers on again.

I bought this PSU used from the original owner on eBay, because of Corsair's good reputation. These have a seven year warranty, and it kind of irks me that I can't RMA it even though the warranty is still in force. We are buying either the AX860i or AX1200i on the 1st (depending on the price situation, right now, I'm leaning to the 1200i), and will be buying the one not bought in May or June when I do my wife's build (being on a budget and fixed income sucks). The HX-650 was to go back into the Lian Li PC-Q18 box to power a mini-ITX setup.

Previously I had suspected ASRock's cheesy PC Board substrate (their parts are not the problem with them, the board is), but this incident this week with the WIFI-BK now has me thinking that this HX-650 has killed three motherboards, and already glitched my WIFI-BK.

I ***REALLY*** would like to RMA this HX-650 if they would honor the warranty on it. My guess is that it might have something to do with when the fan comes on, if this does the silent thing below 20%. The one common factor is that it glitched the boards, on the previous ASRock resulting in VISIBLE SMOKE from a MOSFET, while under load, after having no problems until loaded.

We are spending a lot of money on Corsair in these two builds (Obsidian 750D & 350D (and add-ons), AX860i, AX1200i, and two H110i GT coolers, and later towards the end of the year, some K95 keyboards which still lead the pack on our comparison list). Honoring a warranty on a midrange power supply that is technically still under warranty would be nice.

• Administrators
I bought this PSU used from the original owner on eBay, because of Corsair's good reputation. These have a seven year warranty, and it kind of irks me that I can't RMA it even though the warranty is still in force.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the warranty isn't transferable. We would not be able to replace it.

Going to hold a little while with cancelling the H110iGT, just saw on my dealer website that he expect it on 03-24-2015, so I wait and see. Had to send back my mobo that arived this weekend, there was paint gone on 2 of the metal cooler plates on the mobo. Got a retour ticket from the dealer. With older boards you could fixed this easy with some black paint, but the new black paint has a rubber feel, so no change too fix it. So hope that i get a new mobo back this week and that the H110iGT and the CMD16GX4M4A2666C15 also arrive this week.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the warranty isn't transferable. We would not be able to replace it.

Oh well, I had to ask. That doesn't change my plans.

It is interesting that so many companies, big names even, actually do though... Seagate, Wesern Digital (iirc), others...

How much would it cost to get it repaired? Would the cost be worth the effort and expense?

At this point I am theorizing that it has to do with the passive/active switchover point, and/or extended one third to one half loading. Switching or thermal issue, unless a faulty fan can do it... I would have to pull it out and figure out a good load. A discharged 12V 17A/h Gel Cell will draw about 20-30 amps with a time decreasing current curve for probably long enough for any thermal issue to show up... All I would need is a scope and maybe some icy spray... Unfortunately, I no longer have a scope.

• Administrators
It is interesting that so many companies, big names even, actually do though... Seagate, Wesern Digital
Read their warranties. They both say that the item has to be purchased from an authorized distributor / reseller.

How much would it cost to get it repaired?
There is no out of warranty repair option.

Read their warranties. They both say that the item has to be purchased from an authorized distributor / reseller.

There is no out of warranty repair option.

Oh well. The AX1200i should solve the issue when I get it.

Archived