Corsair Community

Vengeance LPX Memory Not Overclocking

RAGE_8986

Hi, I recently ordered a new set of Vengeance LPX memory, 2 x 8GB - 16GB, and it is rated for 3200Mhz. I checked with my motherboards overclocking capabilities and it is rated up to 3200MHz, however when I set my DRAM-Frequency to DDR4-3200Mhz in my BIOS and checked both Task Manager and CPU-Z neither showed any increase to the speed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hi, I recently ordered a new set of Vengeance LPX memory, 2 x 8GB - 16GB, and it is rated for 3200Mhz. I checked with my motherboards overclocking capabilities and it is rated up to 3200MHz, however when I set my DRAM-Frequency to DDR4-3200Mhz in my BIOS and checked both Task Manager and CPU-Z neither showed any increase to the speed.

A number of things can cause memory to not reach its rated speed. More commonly it's a matter of the built-in XMP profile not quite agreeing with a system configuration. Apply XMP in BIOS and manually set it to a slightly lower speed (2933MHz for example) and see if that takes. Further tweaking may be required to hit 3200MHz in your case.