Corsair Community

Enough parts to make it work?

Gol D Chris

Hello guys,

I'm building a PC in 2 weeks.

The build contains a H100i RGB Platinum (the rad has 2 ML120 fans) iCUE 465X case which includes 3 LL120 fans and I think a Lightning Node CORE.

My mainboard is an Asus Rog Strix x570-e Gaming.

I'm not sure if I have enough parts to make the fans work probably.

Do I need more?

I know that I can't mix different fans on the Lighting Node CORE, so I guess I connect the 3 LL120 fans and the 2 ML120 from the AIO somewhere else?

Each RGB fan has 2 wires — one for motor power/control and one for lighting power/control. The Platinum coolers have their own motor and lighting controllers. The 2 ML for the radiator will plug into the pump for both wires. The 465x should have its own lighting controller for the the three LL. That means you only need to address speed control for the other case fans and most will do that through the motherboard fan headers. The only question is if you want another LL for the rear exhaust slot.

Each RGB fan has 2 wires — one for motor power/control and one for lighting power/control. The Platinum coolers have their own motor and lighting controllers. The 2 ML for the radiator will plug into the pump for both wires. The 465x should have its own lighting controller for the the three LL. That means you only need to address speed control for the other case fans and most will do that through the motherboard fan headers. The only question is if you want another LL for the rear exhaust slot.

Thanks for the answer!

I'm indeed planning to add a fourth LL fan for the rear exhaust slot, but I won't buy it immadetely.

Will that fan be a problem or could I just attach it to the other LL fans lightning controller?

Not a problem. Easy install later. The only trick is the lighting wire will need to reach from the back to the small Lighting Node Core for lighting power/control. Don’t glue the lighting controller to front rail too far out of reach, although there are 3rd party lighting extensions if needed. Edited by c-attack