Corsair Community

USB Headers

Bob Pilette

For those of you who are struggling with not enough USB Header Sockets, each socket does support 2 USB connections.

If you look at the header plugs on your devices you will see there are only 4 or 5 wires on one row of the plug.

If you want to fix this you do it at your own risk. I am not responsible for miswired/misplugged devices and motherboards or any damage caused by doing so.

You need to get 4 and 5 pin single row plug shells or 2 of each kind. The 5th pin on one side is only for a shell ground and not really needed.

You need to replace the plug shells with the single row type or make adapters. Be sure you put the wires in the same order. Also, just make sure you only connect one device to each side.

You could also make a splitter cable but the caveats about single row connectors I mention below still apply. And the one device only per side too.

The only other problem is the plugs can then be installed more than one way. You need to make sure that 4 hole plugs are plugged in with the blank space/extra pin not plugged. Also make sure the ground wire(s) {Black wires} are plugged towards the blank space/extra pin.

If you are still not sure, there are many articles on USB on the internet and the wire colors for USB are standard.

I hope this helps some of you :idea: I can understand why they did what they did so it would be easy to plug in. What a waste though.

I feel a lot comes does to how the user feels about doing this and the a post that has been around for a couple of years, had photos and also gives the NZXT IU01 option should be linked to.

I recently installed the NZXT IU01 and it works a treat. Have amanged to get two of my USB ports ont he front of the box back after both my headers were taken up with the link and CPU cooler.

• 1 month later...
I'm playing around with a N*** H**+ too. Let me know if you want to mess with that too Red Ray.

Thank you for the offer, but to add NZXT HUE+ support to SIV I would need to deduce the protocol. To do this I would really need to have one here and I am not inclined to buy one as it's a COM port device rather than being a sensible HID device.

I much prefer the Corsair LNP for controlling LEDs which SIV has supported for a while, though I need to test the SIV SP120 RGB LED fan support.

Archived