Corsair Community

Question on AIO Cooler lifespan

GhostCyborg

Hello! I purchased a H100i v2 about 3 years ago, but it was sadly never put into use. I was wondering if it was safe to use in a building I am currently making, or would it be best to just purchase a new one? If so, anyone recommend any good ones?

I also have another quick question, should the water cooler ever leak and damage the internal components of the computer would Corsair reimburse that? Any safe way to prevent the leakage from damaging components?

Hello! I purchased a H100i v2 about 3 years ago, but it was sadly never put into use. I was wondering if it was safe to use in a building I am currently making, or would it be best to just purchase a new one? If so, anyone recommend any good ones?

I also have another quick question, should the water cooler ever leak and damage the internal components of the computer would Corsair reimburse that? Any safe way to prevent the leakage from damaging components?

I would keep a cooler so long as the warranty covers it, which for a cooler is 5 years: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/warranty

They do cover damages caused by a failure of the product. I am guessing that is why it has a 5 year warranty. They want to show people that it will last. I think they even carry insurance to cover the claims. They also want to know what failed and you are required to ship the whole system to investigate. If there is a flaw, they want to know about it. Chances of this type of failure are very low. Typically the pump will fail long before the device, due to the effects of time and galvanic corrosion. In theory as corrosion occurs the corroded gunk should build up in the cpu block's micro fins, until it is blocked enough that the pump eventually fails. I would not keep it past it's warranty if you are building a new system. If it is an older system I wouldn't worry about it as much.

I think the 2 failures I read about were due to a tube popping off the unit and I think they were older as well. Someone might get back to you with more details, though this to the best of my knowledge. As they only sale water coolers, I think it is very important for them to take this serious. If this was a common issue, there would be lots of complaints on many forums and on reddit. Their reputation and sales of AIO depend on quality AIOs and good service, if a problem does occur.

Archived