Corsair Community

Feature Request - Screen Sampling

Honu

Hi,

I'd like to request a 'screen sampling' option for iCue. Basically, it would be an 'Ambilight' type feature that takes the output on screen and sets the RGB lighting to match. Some implementations take the 'average' color and set the RGB to this color, and others take a bitmap type image and set the hardware to match the pattern of the bitmap. Logitech calls this LightSync and there is also a 3rd party solution out there called Aurora that does this quite well.

Darth Affe's SDK/cue.net written in c sharp works reasonably well, and is available here:

https://github.com/DarthAffe/CUE.NET

I hadnt used before but just tried it and it works great for keyboard and I was even able to add:

CueSDK.MouseSDK.Brush = ambilightBrush;

CueSDK.MousematSDK.Brush = ambilightBrush;

etc

but I am not sure if he has the fans and other things integrated yet, I may be misreading it and able to use his generic thing.

it also seemed that the brush for mousemat wasnt working as anticipated, but i was just using the keyboard brush and I am sure if i read through it thered be a better way.

• 5 months later...

Having just bought a commander pro, a corsair lighting node pro and 2 extra lighting kits, I think this is a really nice feature to take into consideration for future developments of iCUE. I have set ambilight for my monitor and to the side of my case in such ways that if iCUE was able to synchronize the color of my screen (as some sort of average) and also some spots of the screen (since the LED strips on my monitor are all around it (4 in total - 2 on the top, 1 on each side, since I have a 34" ultrawide), it'd be AMAZING to watch movies and TV shows here, as well as YT, Netflix and such. Also for gaming, it'd be 'hellalotmore immersive' (branding material for you guys to add as functionality of iCUE :biggrin::laughing:). I mostly use VLC to watch stuff, but I imagine that if this were to be implemented, it'd be probably some low-level stuff, with more to do with the image sent by the GPU to the screen or something along those lines.

Anyway, just wanted to bump this up and see if we can hear anything about it being implemented in the future. Would that be possible, can we expect it, or it just out of question? If the latter, the only way around it would probably be implementing it myself?

Thnx in advance!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...